Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Installing Amps Tonight

matt5cott

I got a big bit of MDF yesterday, tonight im going to look at knocking up something to go over the spare wheel to mount my amps and crossovers on, anyone got any pics or diagrams, or even instructions I can copy from in order to make this easier, and probably do a better job!

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody? I really need to sort out a decent way of installing my amps in the front bonnet area, I have a bit of MDF bodged on, but I cant see it lasting long :huh:

I mean something like this,

Amps.jpg

Doesnt have to look as good or anything, just practically store 2 amps.

ive got 2 amps under my bonnet, one is underneath, next to the Battery and the other is on display, its not difficult, just cut the shape using cardboard, then cut out ur mdf, just make sure i leave enough slack on the wires so u can lift it and get ur spare wheel out still :)

Then there is a cover to go over the top, backlit with a neon, looks ok.

mymr2amp.JPG

mymr2ampcovertop.JPG

I'll me mounting mine in the cabin .. but am after a bonnet install (and for an Xbox ..

Not sure what the best method would be ..

About the Xbrick bibbs...

how does under yer seat sound?

u'll have 2 take the seat off like, but it'l fit in there.

Either that or the bit behind the seat. ya know the one that has the amp in it on the passenger side? well the drivers side equivalent of that, mite fit in there.

-Z

I've no need for it to be in the cabin .. so it doesn't need to be :)

ah no worries then.

Thing is with it in the front there's a chance of water gettin to it, tho thats prolly the best place for weight distro.

-Z

I've got all my games on the HD and a on/off switch on the controller.

But saying that if I could mount it in a clip of some sort behind the driver on the firewall, it's be better .. but I was thinking of mounting an amp there ..

yeh i was considering the amp route but itd only be on one side, i need the space on the other.

will ur t-bars still fit wit hthe amp there?

mite not reply to ur reply to this... :wacko:

gotta shoot out.

-Z

A Tbar will fit, but you have to pu it in different .. I'm going for a 10" sub on the shelf behind the passenger, and then an amp on each side (one for components and one for the sub) ..

Can't you fit them in the cabin, i.e. under the seats??

they are propped up against the face of the old stock subs atm .. they are not thin enough to slide under the seats ..

How about taking the stock subs and trim out, and building an enclosure out of MDF to hold both the amps and new subs? You can carpet it all for the perfect finish. I will be doing this at some stage, when I can affort the kit!!

cause you need some serious kit to take out the stock sub proper .. and it's not big enough to put a sub and amp in ..

It's not that bad. I've had most of it out in the past, just requires some time and effort, you will need some decent tools to shape out the MDF to fir, but if you take your time it should all be possible.

I take your point about lack of space, but could you not vertically mount it? Perhaps secure it to the panel in front of the engine on the cabin side?

A Tbar will fit, but you have to pu it in different .. I'm going for a 10" sub on the shelf behind the passenger, and then an amp on each side (one for components and one for the sub) ..

i get ya. no real worries then.

-Z

Sorry the pics didnt work b4.

this is how ive got my amps and 12" subs, hope this helps m8.

360229mymr2amp.jpg

039654mymr2ampcovertop.jpg

349733mymr2subs.jpg

I can't get 12" behind the seats (I'm 6'4") , so a great quality 10" will have to do.

Sorry the pics didnt work b4.

this is how ive got my amps and 12" subs, hope this helps m8.

360229mymr2amp.jpg

039654mymr2ampcovertop.jpg

349733mymr2subs.jpg

Thanks mate, a little insight into how you did it, and what you are using to stop the thing moving around would be much appreciated as im going to have another bash at building one soon with a good wedge of mdf :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links