Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lowering Springs

Scottish_SR

Has anybody tried lowering their AE111?

If so, how long did it take them??

I was going to do it today but my mate wrote off his car so couldnt make a start.

Thanks

Ross

Its not really hard, had a look the other day. Local garage reckoned 4 hours so wanted £100 for it. I will do it myself i think.

It only took 20 mins per strut on the Corsa I lowered a couple of weeks ago!

cheers ed

ross

4 Hours is a rip off. The fronts are easy - 40 minutes max - just make sure the plate on the top that has "OUT" marked on it goes back on the same way it came off. The rears are trickier as you have to remove the trim panels inside the boot before you can get at the strut tops.

Cheers ae111sr

It just takes a second to get the panels off now that ive done it so many times!

Im starting to reconsider lowering it at the mo cos hopefully in a couple of months i will be able to afford a decent setup on coilovers or whatever and maybe not worth the couple of months on lowered springs. (but not sure yet!)

Thanks again

ross

what tools do you need to change springs over? dont you need clamp type things to squeeze the springs to get them off and on?

cheers

Panzer

Yeah you need to use a set of spring clamps/compressors to get the spring off the strut. Then just a socket set, allen keys, ring spanners and a flat headed screwdriver! Oh and some copper grease!

ross

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links