Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Trip Computer

stewart borland

I've had my Rav4 for a few weeks now, running it in very gently - no harsh stuff!

Living in the Highlands of Scotland there are no traffic jams (except those caused by caravan towers!) & nice steady acceleration & braking is the norm. Not many long journeys yet though.

It's a 2.0Ltr petrol which the book lists at around 32mpg.

Two full to the top tankfuls from start to finish and exact mileage from the trip have given me 28 & 29 mpg so far - lower than expected but that's not the problem.... the trip computer says I'm getting 38.9 average on the first tank and 36.9 on the second - way above what the real figure is. :unsure:

How accurate are these systems? How are you other Rav4 drivers for mpg and accuracy of the computer figures?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Stewart.

I dont drive a RAV4. Ive got a Corolla, but nevertheless its got a trip computer too. I dont trust the readings on it. I find that I get lower mpg than it states too. However, ive never driven the car until its ran out of petrol so that may account for a little of the difference.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links