Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Astra Sri Vs T Sport

yaris t bone

i was on my way home last week with my mate in his astra 2.0 16v sri

and we were going on our private road and he fancied a little race

so i was in front going up an hill an i was pulling away from him

and he could not catch up with me when we stopped he said he pushed his car trying to catch me but he said he had no chance have any 1 else come up with cars like this oh by the way i have a t sport yaris with a few mods.

On paper those two cars are pretty much equal. I would guess that you put your foot down in the right gear before he did. That way you would have started of speeding up first and he wouldnt have been able to catch up.

I also find the T-Sport to be quicker on a flat surface. Which is kinda obvious. A new 320d BMW was getting away from me up an incline, but on the straight I was gaining on him. Deisel torque I guess.

my mates got a 1.8sxi astra

its only got 115bhp and weighs another 400kgs more than mine!

whupped!

know a 2.0 Turbo astra would be a different matter.

If any of you go past watford grap services southbound on the M1, look for some long tyre marks. thats me, last year, writting one off :D

been in astra turbo, very disappointed indeed!

its a bit sluggish on the 0-60 stretch (8secs) but its got a high top speed, which keeps going and going (150mph)

we the new astra is really nice, and the 3 door version and new tigra (both launched in Q4 2005 /2006) are equally are nice. Had a play with it at opel near frankfurt when i was there on my uni placement :)

Now stuck doing exams :(

I've driven a 320D BMW and they have 170bhp and 300lb plus torque. It would kill my Yaris TS no problems!

As for the Astra, my mate had a 1.8 SXi and it was pretty lame. My old ibiza used to leave it in 3rd!

i remember being to told to drop one off to some one when i was at Vines of Sevenoaks.

No one told me it had 200 brake

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaw

the beemer 330s are brill, unreal for a diesel!

i went for a test drive in the astra turbo with the same lad who owns the 1.8, (he was thinkin of buyin) he drove it round for 20 mins and was rather impressed, he was also interested in a Turbo 2000 scooby at the local garage. we tested that and the reply was, 'what a piece of crap that astra is!'

its nowhere near upto scratch with anything else with them sort of power levels!

thats vauxhall for ya!

the new 1.6litre turbo engine that is coming out for the tigra and corsa is quick good ( pistons/rings/rod sourced by me :thumbsup: )

erm perhaps that not a good thing. there coming from a brazilian source :eek:

well my mate has booked his golf in impossible performance up

kent way i think and he is spending £5400 on the engine and

it is 215 bhp going up and 340 bhp coming back with 380 torque it will be a monster what do you think?

Golfs are very heavy - and the standard GTI's aren't very impressive. Best VW GTI is the Lupo :D

That 320d beemer I was behind musn't have been going for it then, cus I was catching. Thats insane figures for a diesel!!!! Just... the engine noise....

the 330d common rail diesel has virtually no engine noise.

It sounds sweet

Not like a vaux/pug /ford diesel that sounds like a sack of :censor:

there's a sweet lupo GTI in our car park... editor of Revs magazine... all black, black 15" rims, Koni coilovers and big brakes! SWEEEEEET :drool:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links