Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Women Actually Are Safer Drivers

Nicola

Taken from channel 4's motoring website '4 car'

Women are safer drivers than men - and it's official. Latest statistics from the Home Office show that male drivers commit nine times as many motoring offences, and are responsible for a staggering 97 percent of cases of dangerous driving, and 94 percent of convictions for causing death or serious bodily harm through dangerous driving.

Women also account for only 17 percent of speeding offences, although this has risen from 13 percent five years ago. More men hold driving licences than women, however - 81 percent, compared to 61 percent.

Yet despite the proportion of female drivers rising from 49 percent over the past five years, the proportion of female motorists committing offences has risen by only 1 percent in the same period, with women responsible for 12 percent of all driving offences. Fewer female drivers are killed in crashes, too: 238, in 2002, compared to 907 men.

However, female drivers have a poorer record when it comes to minor accidents and parking prangs: they are twice as likely to hit another car in a car park, 23 percent more likely to hit a stationary car from behind and 15 percent more likely to reverse into another vehicle.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fidgits

• Bibbs

• dazwan

• Moffmo

Don't think women are better, they just don't take risks like men and i suppose that make them a LITTLE safer. where i live there are almost as many girls racing around in their cars as there are boys!!

Men rule.....lol :lol:

In 18 years of driving my car(s) have been crashed into 4 times.

Yep, all 4 were women, all 4 were their fault.

Example :-

I pull into Asda Petrol station behind a woman in a Saxo, she goes to front pump, I stop at back pump, jump out the car, shove the fuel filler in when BANG the car jumps back a foot. I look up to see said Saxo embedded in the front of my motor.

"That pump doesn't have diesel so I reversed back" she says

"Maybe you should have looked first you stoopid moo" I reply (or similar!)

So I can def agree with the minor accidents bit :)

Snert

I have only been driven into once and that was by a women.

I was driving the GT4 and she didn't see me. Luckily the 4 was a lot stronger than her stupid galaxy.

I have had to take avoiding action on lots of occassions because of stupid male driving though.

I have only been driven into once and that was by a women.

I was driving the GT4 and she didn't see me. Luckily the 4 was a lot stronger than her stupid galaxy.

I have had to take avoiding action on lots of occassions because of stupid male driving though.

but you only accident was down to a woman!!

Need we say more......lol :lol::thumbsup:

Taken from channel 4's motoring website '4 car'

Women are safer drivers than men - and it's official. Latest statistics from the Home Office show that male drivers commit nine times as many motoring offences, and are responsible for a staggering 97 percent of cases of dangerous driving, and 94 percent of convictions for causing death or serious bodily harm through dangerous driving.

Women also account for only 17 percent of speeding offences, although this has risen from 13 percent five years ago. More men hold driving licences than women, however - 81 percent, compared to 61 percent.

Yet despite the proportion of female drivers rising from 49 percent over the past five years, the proportion of female motorists committing offences has risen by only 1 percent in the same period, with women responsible for 12 percent of all driving offences. Fewer female drivers are killed in crashes, too: 238, in 2002, compared to 907 men.

However, female drivers have a poorer record when it comes to minor accidents and parking prangs: they are twice as likely to hit another car in a car park, 23 percent more likely to hit a stationary car from behind and 15 percent more likely to reverse into another vehicle.

are they, I was driving at 114MPH, and she was in a rolla behind me, and when I went in the middle lane, she was gone

what are you talkin about vmail????...........

i would go as far as saying that women maybe safer drivers but they're certainly not better drivers.

i would go as far as saying that women maybe safer drivers but they're certainly not better drivers.

Yeah, i agree there...

Just because there not caught... or involved in the accidents, doesnt mean they are careless drivers...

And lets be honest, how many of us have nearly been in an accident avoiding a woman doing something stupid!

well some women are bad, not all of them

but i can honestly say io dont have enough toes and fingers to count the amount of times i have witnesses women, applying lippy or farting about with their mush in some other way in the rear view mirror.

also why oh why do women have to look each other in the eye when they are chatting..............at 70mph down the motorway!

I reckon men are more aggressive when it comes to driving, and consequently get into more dodgy situations than women.

But women IMO act like they have no concept of danger, and as such has it's own problems.

Stats will never show the whole truth. I wonder how many women put claims in on thier husbands insurance for example, thus hiding their statistics. Even worse how many drivers are unaware they've caused an accident, such as clipping a car as they drive down the road, these sort of accidents in my experience go mostly unnoticed as it's rare that any driver will stop to give details after having clipped a parked car and is either unaware or doesn't care.

also why oh why do women have to look each other in the eye when they are chatting..............at 70mph down the motorway!

I have found men worse at looking you in the eye while driving, so maybe its equal between sexes.

I hate being in the passenger seat when people do that.

BTW I am a really bad backseat driver (just ask Garrick), just scared that I might cause an accident and not be in the drivers seat.

I'm not even gonna bother reading this thread.

The topic makes me laugh all by itself..... :lol: :!Removed!:

My 2 driving experiences whilst learning.

One woman completely cut me up coming out a junction ( :lol: )

Another woman beeping her horn at me for indicating to go off a major roundabout, whilst I was in the CORRECT lane & she wasn't. (She was beeping her horn because she thought I was in the wrong lane :rolleyes: )

But I also had some muppet in a lorry following me practically scraping the back bumper... so I stayed well below the speed limit just to wind him up :lol:

Typical bloke, but also typical women :!Removed!:

women have a lot of small accidents, blokes have less accidents but usually involve more damage.

And also the stats are biased.

Majority of drivers : Men

Majority of long drives : Men

Majority of car owners : Men

So we have more drivers, drive further and own the car .. less women, who drive less, who only pop down the hairdresser and then drive into someone elses car ..

If an insurance company said that they were to hike your insurance cause you were black/white/asian/martian .. there would be an outcry .. so why can they do it for the sexes ?

I'm sure using the same stats that there are more white people involved in accidents, so why not increase my insurance for that too?

I do more miles in my car than my other half and do the long journeys.

I have never had to make a claim on my insurance.

Majority of drivers: men

Majority of idiots: men

Majority of "parking" accidents : Women ..

Majority of 100+ mph, "take as many of them as I can with me" accidents : Men ..

Majority of 100+ mph, "take as many of them as I can with me" accidents : Men ..

If I'm going out, i'm not going alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can see it now :lol::lol::lol:

I know I'm in that group .. had a little "play" with a bike (ridden by a mate at work) the other day ..

Using SR's method of speeds .. we were over *30mph .. when we both eased off ..

naaa.. I've grown out of that now...

I'd rather just relax and cruise in comfort to my destination..

I thought I had too .. but since my AVC-R arrived :)

Apparently I got flames oout the exhausts and everything :)

(I'm such a child)

Here in the south 90% of drivers, no matter gender, are monkeys with a knife!!!, so the other 10% (where I am) have to drive twice carefully than usual.

There are some things that have to be said, young women are mostly good drivers, respect everybody and make themselves get respected. Women in their 30s, or late 30s, are the worst drivers ever(actually they move the car, they dont drive it) dont look, dont respect and hit every little thing in the streets and in the sadewalk too!!!.

Men, more or less the same, but the thing is that Bus drivers, taxi drivers, rented car drivers, Sundies (ppl that only go out in sundays, and they suddenly get involved in a monday haghway mess), boyracers, deliverboys in bikes and old ppl are the other 90%, and mayority men <_<

So, let there be more young pretty ladies, driving twingos, 206 and clios Please!!!

Cheers

Coyote from BA

Argentina

So, let there be more young pretty ladies, driving twingos, 206 and clios Please!!!

Ooh....well put. I like your way of thinking. :thumbsup:

Rich

I once had a woman run into the back of me.

Two comments made me laugh,

"Oh I always drive to close"

"this keeps happening" (in referece to her running into me).

v.v. tempting to say well you do the maths there luv, but I resisted.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links