Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Women Actually Are Safer Drivers

Nicola

At the end of the day I think the standard of driving on the roads in general have deteriated in the (relatively short) 13 years since I passed my test, both for men and women. Not only this, but the level of aggression has increased to the point that I no-longer feel safe on the roads and spend the time watching for what the idiot behind me is going to do next (usually unsafe overtaking causing me to do an emergency stop to avoid them swinging into my front wing).

yeah, ill agree there, i've noticed in my 10 years of driving things have gotten steadily worse!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fidgits

• Bibbs

• dazwan

• Moffmo

Ive found the vast majority of annoying drivers are men...probably cos there is more of em out there. But as someone else pointed out the men know that they are being w***krs. When I have been in near accidents with a female driver they act like Im somehow the one in the wrong or act like nothing happened. This isnt a generalisation its 100% true in my case.

BUT....in my experience the most idiotic stupid annoying driver out there has to be the senior citizen. They are the most consistent. They are a combination of BOTH characteristics displayed by females and males that I have described above.

My most scary near accidents are generally down to a random 70 year old Mr Senile thinking back to the days of when he was in the Gobi Desert or an absent minded Mrs Marple too busy reminiscing of the joyous memories about all the American sqauddies that banged her back in 1943.

sigh we'll be old one day too... hope to god i dont drive like them!

-Z

See i have always tried to keep away from this subject but now its time............

First of all men do drive like c**ts but mostly when they are in the car alone!Women can do it with a car full and not realise!

Secondly my sister has just crashed the car i had before my starlet,my old 106 that i had had for 18months!She had gone to overtake a parked vehicle in a 30 zone and had to come back in due to some one driving like an idiot the other way!She hit an astra which then moved over 2 meters, she demolished the front wing bonnet light and bumper, also the astra needs a new wing and bumper,AND SHE CLAIMS TO HAVE BEEN DOING 30MPH!!!!!!!!!!!! :censor: :censor: :censor:

hahaha no chance, noone does 30mph! well with the exception of some old people (who do about 5mph) and learners

Bahhh

An impact at 30 will certainly move vehicles easily mate, very very easily. That doesnt sound ridiculous to me. And impact damage at 10mph can be horrendous!!!

An impact at 30 will certainly move vehicles easily mate, very very easily. That doesnt sound ridiculous to me. And impact damage at 10mph can be horrendous!!!

An impact of 30mph can be 80% more forceful than one at 25mph!!! OMG. Heres another 'boring' fact. A pedestrian hit by a car doing 30 has a 70% chance of living - A person hit by a car doing 35 has a 70% chance of dying!!. (Who does all the calculations, anyway)

but it'll never happen to me!!!! :wacko:

An impact at 30 will certainly move vehicles easily mate, very very easily.  That doesnt sound ridiculous to me. And impact damage at 10mph can be horrendous!!!

An impact of 30mph can be 80% more forceful than one at 25mph!!! OMG. Heres another 'boring' fact. A pedestrian hit by a car doing 30 has a 70% chance of living - A person hit by a car doing 35 has a 70% chance of dying!!. (Who does all the calculations, anyway)

Unfortunately I'm taken in by all this propaganda and actually try and stick to the limit as a result.

I've seen how easily a car is damaged, I once saw a rogue car wheel land in front of a van (at "40mph") and then bury itself in the engine! I've also seen simple collisions with walls that have seen the engine land on the passenger seat, and this was in a 30 zone!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links