Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Tsport Vs Mkii N/a Mr2?

System~G

stepping on thin ground there SystemG :lol:

T128 might blow another gasket if he sees this!!! :D

don't care.... I have Turbine power ! :) 

you sure do if i see you when i am in the cts i will move out of the way for ya :D

CTS vs MR2 n/a thats a easy one CTS WINS

the mk2 NA aint quick in a straight line ..

The 0-60's on a mk2 NA are in the low 7's .. the 1/4 mile is about 15 odd ..

I'm sure a lighter, newer car could easily have it ..

0-30 may be a push as the '2 would get a better launch being RWD and ME ..

in a straight line i'd imagine it to be a bit tight, but in the bends the mr2 NA would leave it (and almost everything else on the road!)

0-30 - mr2 due to RWD and ME as Bibbs mentioned

0-60 - probably the CTS

drag race - probably CTS

track - mr2 easily

i totaly agree with moderator and DeusMR2 handling on dry the mr2 will win easily

i gonna add one more if you dont mind

wet - CTS easily

wouldn't be on it in the wet .. there are a lot of misconceptions about the MR2 in the wet ..

The CTS will understeer a lot earlier than the MR2 .. and with FWD that will mean even more time lost ..

aye the MR2 isnt as bad as its made out to be in the wet, my two back tyres (proxes) are almost completely bold (shh dont tell anyone :!Removed!: ) but they still hold like glue at dual-carriage speeds. Its only if you boot it in a turbo that you'll lose all traction in the rear. A NA is much more stable in the wet than most cars, again, especially in twisties!

I'm still finding it hard to loose mine in the dry or wet round bends ..

Must be the suspension, bracing, proxies & aftermarket LSD.

But then I am only chucking down 260 lb/ft of torque ..

ok guys reason i said wet not because the mr2 are bad in the wet

believe it or not the cts drive very well in the wet possibly as good in wet as in dry i think most cts owner would agree on this

regard to my mr2 turbo few weeks i have exchange my standard 15inch wheels and change to 17inch with lower profiles

the grip differents was huge dry or wet but still cant lay down all the power in the wet so i am not saying the mr2 is bad in wet condition

just i cant seen to lay down full power in the wet without spinning or sliding like a !Removed! and the back end comes out at roundabouts if i was stupid enough to try to go for it in the wet that is

everything i have just descible still happens now with my 17 inch on but with a little bit more control

but in dry yep any mr2 handing great

You need the stickiest tyres you can find mate .. Even in the wet I boot it and it just corners ..

*touch wood* I've only lost the rear end once and that was a 4k dropping of the clutch out of a T junction ..

Bibbs maybe you just have more bottle than i have in the wet

i mean i just know my mr2 will sliding if i put the foot down in or out of a roundabout

but in a sunny dry day i take on anyone that include you Bibbs :P

I've been driving MR2's for over 3 years now .. a year in my NA and then over 2 in my Turbo .. and every day I'm trying to get each roundabout a bit quicker .. and every bend that bit tighter ..

I think a lot of my cornering is down to the Coilovers, having no rebound on the suspension, having extra bracing and low profile wide rims .. it means you can feel everything, and there is no roll, slip .. nothing .. maybe I'm just one of the lucky ones ..

your mr2 must be setup quite nicely :thumbsup:

what can i say i only put a set of 17inch not got any other mod apart from that

Have a little lookie at my ickle list of mods in the Gallery (click the black car below)

toyo proxes t1-s are the dogs <if my vocabulary was any smaller, it would be nearly as small as my genitals> though tbh, even with "slicks" on the back i get great confidence from its handling in the wet (LSD ight be helpign too though!?). This is opposed to my dads carina whose front tires slip all over the damn place

yeah very true, forgot to mention that. im gonna take a picture of my back wheels for a laugh in a min :afro:

My old proxies were REALLY bad.. and I didn't even notice... lol

Was a freind that pointed it out. Thought I'd try something different.

Now on Bridestone SO3's.... seem very good so far.

:crybaby: I bought my 2 because i had always wanted a fast 2 seater sports car but since i had it and i've been using this site i'm finding that what i thought would be a fast car even by todays standards, isn't :crybaby: thing i can't understand is that it's 2.0i, twin cam, 16v and only has 2 seats and looks aerodynamic and i would have thought was built for accelleration and speed :blink: so why does it seem that every other car on the road could give it a problem in a straight line?? surely there can't be that many other cars that could do 138mph (according to toyota) out there?? :(

I've had 110mph out of my other car (rover 200) which has a 1.4i, twin cam, 16v engine so i thought the 2.0 sports car was gonna be proper fast. :crybaby::crybaby:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ sorry about that folks, just had to have my little sulk, feel a bit better now.

well it is about 13 years old now mate, most cars nowadays may have less capacity but thanks to technology they perform better..vvti etc. A NA will still outrun most hot-hatches in a straight line and in bends it will out-perform anything in its class. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links