Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Replacing Standard Bridgestones

Lbo

I have recently bought a 2009 IQ2 which has only 16000 miles. I discovered the Bridgestone tyres had cracked around every block of tread on all tyres. I replaced them all with Vredestein Sportrac 5 tyres. Car seems less on tip toes than with Bridgestones and tyre noise is less.

Any other opinions / ideas for replacements?

Interesting. We received an advisory at MOT for cracks in the tread blocks on our iQ front tyres (only 13,000 miles on the clock).

We'll be looking to replace before next MOT. How much were the Vredesteins?

I'm guessing the cracking is due to the hard compound used to maximise MPG figures.

Dave

The Vredesteins were £288 for 4, fitted. Not the cheapest but we use the car on motorways as well as town and B roads. They seem to be rated B for grip but E for economy. Probably not so economical but they feel safer, not jumping about so much over poor roads

Our car had passed an MOT with no advisories in Dec 2013, but I took no chances with the tyres once I saw the cracking. penalty of buying a low mileage car , perhaps

In the most recent Which? test, for size 185/65/R15H (nearest size to 175/65/R15), the following were Best Buys:

Michelin Energy Saver - score 64%

Pirelli Cinturato P6 - 63%

Two Don't Buys were:

Goodride Radial SP06 M+S - score 15%

Interstate Touring IST-1 - 13%

Michelin have always been a premier tyre and i have just fitted 4 Primacy ones to a 2nd car we have....they are a bit more expensive but you get many more miles from them so actually work out cheaper.

In my opinion Good Year are almost as good and a bit cheaper.....forget the budget ones, false economy, as long as you can afford the quality tyres.

Regards Mike169

Whilst Michelin tyres are very good, they're not always rated as Which? Best Buys in the tests Which? undertake on both summer and winter tyres.

In the latest tests, in the tyre sizes tested that included Michelins, Which? rated them as one of the Best Buys in 5 out of 8 sizes of summer tyres, and 4 out of 6 sizes for winter tyres.

In each size there are two or more Best Buys.

Tests take into account the following:

Summer tyres:

dry braking; dry handling; wet braking; wet handling; noise; fuel economy; wear.

Winter tyres:

dry grip; wet grip; performance on snow; performance on ice

Just put a pair of nexen eco n blue on the front of my iq, seem pretty good so far.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links