Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla 1.3 Automatic

brimar947

I have a 1989 Corolla 1.3 Automatic. All of a sudden the carb started making a 'clunking' noise. When the car is driven over about 40 mph it is fine but at low speeds it is very 'jerky'. How much is a new carb? I have tried to get a used one but with no success.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Brian :P

:wacko: Hi, I'm not a really big fan of automatics myself as I've had a mitsubishi colt Auto - it gave me so much trouble, I got rid of it.

I've gotta ask u - does your car smoke at all and does your carburrator fill up with oil?? Coz if it does, it will mean that one of your pistons has gone, as I've found out on my Colt! Had to replace the engine in the end :!Removed!:

Anyway this is the extreme case ... you can try to clean your carb with carb cleaner - which can be bought from places like Halfords etc.

All you have to do is spray the cleaner into the carb, while revving the engine - but it will specify what to do in the instructions.

Also, have you checked your air filter element? If it is clogged up, then try changing your filter element. If that doesn't solve the problem, then try cleaning the carb, if that doesn't work, best thing to do is take your car to the garage as mechanics will advise you on what can be done to fix your car. Local garages will do things like fitting used carbs etc...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links