Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Alloys

breezer

It depends on your insurer and wither or not you previously had alloys on the car before. If you are just replacing the alloys on your car then your insurance will not change. The average change to your insurance will be ruffly 10% on top of your premium.

mate of mine declared all his mods induction lowered wheels etc. not a penny more......i need to kno who he's with

im with tesco

Im paying £432 full comp for a 1.3 SR (im 22)

I called them last week, and asked about the following mods:

TTE side skirts

Apexi Induction Kit

£600 worth of ICE

Was told that the insurance would increase by £24. I asked why:

1) Side Skirts could make the car slighly more appealing to the opportune thief

2) Apexi induction kit would do nothing to the quote as you cant see it, and doesnt increase the power output enough to warrant an increase

3) ICE will do nothing, as tesco have a £500 ICE insurance policy built into my premium

sweet

suggest u call them mate

id would always disclose everything, but thats cos im honest.

A couple of years ago, a lad who i knew had an Orion 1.8. He put on the RS kit, but never told the insurance.

Well, he trashed the car. The insurance guy came out, and went within 10mins.

= no money

I work in Motor Insurance and yes alloys are classed as a Mod cos they alter the look/appearance of the car.

hi

i would always tell the insurance what u plan do do with ya car just to cover u as those £650 alloys might put up £50 on your insurance and if mr theif comes along it's covered....as mentioned some mods they don't care about but least its on the documents like me tte springs no cost...and if i every get round to a filter no cost well it was the last time i phoned them...

I added alloys to my car about 6 weeks after I bought it. Wary that the insurance policy warns you that any mods that you don't declare can affect/void your policy, I phoned them.

They (Churchill) said that there would be no increase though they did ask if they were a factory option and the same size as the original steelies. In my case they were (Toyota alloys). Oh, they wanted locking nuts on the wheels as well (came as part of the deal).

You really do need to phone 'em even if it does increase the premium.

Fair do's! I was just askin coz was gona get sum 2nd hand ones, and cudnt afford it atm if insurance gos up! But il wait til iv got sum work goin again, then al get sum and b able to pay the increase.

I emailed more than before, enquiring about this. First of all they sent me an email saying yeh this would be fine and it wouldnt up the insurance as long as i let them know. Two days later, they emailed again and said sorry we would not insure you if u put 15" alloys on, because it is unusual for such a car to have them on......YEAH RIGHT!!! :ffs: :censor:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links