Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Air Conditioning

s0cks

Hey guys. Bit worried about two things. Prolly me being paranoid. Today I went over some rough torrain and some annoying bump hit something under the car quite hard.

Now I was wondering if you guys could do a quick test for me (as long as you have air con, and even better - if you have a TS).

- Go outside on this fine day

- Open the bonnet

- Start the engine

- Turn the A/C on

- Now go to the front of the engine bay and rev the car (by turning the the throttle wheel at the front - or by using the pedal inside)

- Make sure its a short stab at the throttle - not too light tho

- The engine should rev and then.... mine makes a click sound (just one click)

- When I turn the aircon off... it doesnt do it

Also where is the a/c condensation release box? You know, where all the condensation gathered and is released. I'm hoping its in the centre of the car, towards the front end. Cus I have water leaking from there. Its not hot water and its deffiently not oil.

Please put my mind at rest and say that the car should do this! :(

I've not done your test....it's dark...and I've had too much wine...

But yes.when the Air-con is on...it does tick... bascially the solenoid clicking when the air-con switches on and off....it doesn't run all the time. The compressor only runs when it's required....bit like ya fridge! I'm not totally sure...but I do belive that when your parked up, since there's no air going through the rad...the heat can't escape as well..so the air-con is less efficient...and thus shuts down more often, compared to when your moving.

again not sure where the the condensation release box/pipe is..but it is normal to see water dripping out when the air'cons on....would have though though it would be in the vinciinity of the aircon unit...ie near the fron pasegnger side, rather than the middle.

..hmm not sure about a lot of things really...

vipes

it looks like its almost directly under the centre part of the front cabin. If you know wot I mean.. it has to be the air con condensation cus it was water and it wasnt warm like coolant.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links