Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Audio System Not Working

jen1385

hi all,

my daughter decided to put in 20p into the cd player, i followed a thread on here to take off the head unit and a colleague manged to remove it.

however it still doesnt work, he checked the fuses inside the black box under the hood and they are all fine.

took the cd player back out and found that a resistor...possibly a resistor fuse has burnt out, tried every possible company involved but none know the value of the resistor, they said it is ecomomical unrepairable unless i can find someone with a working cd player who might know the value.

by an off chance does anyone know??? :no:

been told cost 270 excluding vat to replace with another.

Hi Jenny

All you have been told about the resistor is correct. What they didnt say was that its likely a semiconductor has probably failed and taken the resistor out. Semi conductor could be a transistor or power module.

There are people selling the whole CD player on eBay for around £70. You can simply replace the body if yours is nice and new looking. It is the best option. I have a tns350 sat nav in mine or i would of had a look for you

David

hi david,

thanks for getting back, yeah we've tried our best with it.

had a look on eBay found a few selling the cd player :)

my cover is fine so just going to replace the player.

thanks alot for your help :)

There was a guy on here called James who's daughter put a 2 pence piece in the slot. I talked him through disassembly of it and he retrieved it and it worked but kept switching off every few mins. He replaced it via eBay A few up grade to TNS510 sat nav (very expensive) or they fit a different system/player. Not easy as a standard DIN unit as in from Halfords doesn't fit. Good lick with your choice

David

Hi Jennifer

If you do buy a CD player from eBay complete with the plastic cover and you don't use it, Let me know as I am interested in buying the plastic surround components from you if you can post it on again for a fee naturally. :)

David, You can buy a very simple Toyota sized hole to standard double Din adapter from various suppliers. It's just like a thin plastic frame that fits around the double Din unit and makes it fit a Toyota sized hole.

Craig.

Oops forgot about you craig

Yes loosing my mind i forgot she had her original CD cover. Yes. She might prefer another model

David

Hi,

I'm handing the car back in dec as it too small for the family and need automatic so want it as tip top as poss so they don't refuse.

I'm looking at one with plastic cover Craig but it got marks on, if I win the bid if you want the cover you can just have it, just sort the postage.

It would of just got stuffed under stairs anyway :)

• Like 1

That's excellent Jennifer.

I am looking for a standard radio cover to modify to house a standard sized car stereo so it would be sanded and re-painted anyway so a few marks on it are no problem at all.

Please keep me posted what happens and I will certainly pay the postage and a bit extra for the parts, only fair. :)

Thanks

Craig.

• 4 weeks later...

Did you ever get your stereo working again Jen?

Craig.

Its in hand Craig I sent her some info where i think she has to re-sync the data in the ECU and reset the code in the radio. She is waiting for her works engineer to return to work from sick leave

David

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links