Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Do You React..

JappyBeast

How do you react when a stranger off the street comes up and tells you that you have a nice car?

I have had my MR2 nearly 2 years and I still cant get used to it. I get a bit embarrased and it happens alot.

Today I was getting into my car with my brother, roof off and a lad cycled past pretty quickly and said "nice car mate" but didnt stop..lol.

The MR2 attracts so much attention. I love it.

the most attention i get is from kids... "Wow.. Look at that Ferrari"!!

and yeah.. it is a bit weird.. but cool.. My girl is right... I am an attention seeker.. lmao! :lol:

ditto jappy. i get embarrased and say something along the lines of "it's not that bad is it?"

Why the hell do i get embarrased about that?

-Z

Dont get me wrong, the MR2 is an amazing looking car but anyone with £2000 can buy into this lifestyle.

Its a Ferrari for Fiesta money.

I just say "cheers".. when they compliment me.

"but anyone with £2000 can buy into this lifestyle."

:lol:

Who da <I thought I could get past the swearing filter - what a sad muppet I am eh?> do you think you are mate?? Royalty.. :lol: :P

Who da <I thought I could get past the swearing filter - what a sad muppet I am eh?> do you think you are mate?? Royalty.. :lol: :P

LOL!!

But its true.. turning up to work or the pub in a polished, sleek, expencive looking car expresses what kind of person you are..

Better than a sheddy Mondeo!

strange isn't it i find it embarassing as well, don't know why, it is a nice car. I don't really know how to react, 'why yes it is, arn't i a smug *****' when they've just got out of a nova.

i sometimes reply...

Thanks mate.. took me &#33;Removed&#33; long enough to find it! -_-

bloke gets out of his clapped out seat and says "wow nice motor"

I said "sorry i dont have a tow rope"

boom boom... :thumbsup:

God that must have HURT :crybaby:

Owning a car like the MR2 shows you have a passion for motoring tho... only 2 seats and little boot space. I use it everyday and never looked back.

Feels like this is turning into a 'MR2s are the best things since sliced bread' thread.

Owning a car like the MR2 shows you have a passion for motoring tho... only 2 seats and little boot space. I use it everyday and never looked back.

Feels like this is turning into a 'MR2s are the best things since sliced bread' thread.

For a small boot you can get a hell of alot in it :yes: ( that's how Jim Lad gets rid of the kids he's shot :eek: ) SORRY SAID I WOULD NOT TELL ANYONE :P

For a small boot you can get a hell of alot in it :yes: ( that's how Jim Lad gets rid of the kids he's shot :eek: ) SORRY SAID I WOULD NOT TELL ANYONE :P

I just say ... " yeah.. it's alright "..

from that people have said.. "alright ?... what do you want a ferrari.. " lol

Quite funny.... aliens got you too mate ? Not good.

As for the boot space... lol. Gonne have to shoot smaller kids if it gets filled with a large IC.

When I still had mine and lived in Birmingham, these kids (terrors) from down the road approached the car one day whilst I was cleaning it and said "nice car mister, what is it" I replied, "I think it's nice too. It's a Toyota, wanna ride?" One of em replied: "Oh, no thanks, we thought it was a Ferrari" and then just rode off :angry: Least I figured with them knowing it wasn't a Ferrari and offering them a ride, they wouldn't come back later and key it :D

from that people have said.. "alright ?... what do you want a ferrari.. " lol

Reply with : "Nah .. I wanted a quick car"

The MR2 Turbo in the US was advertised with the slogan "any slower and it'd be a Ferrari" .. as the Mondial was p*ss slow ..

Just to add to this thread briefly, my MR2 seems to attract plenty of attention from all generations - the elderly in particular with scowls of annoyance lol!

To my point, there's a nice village pub out in the countryside about 4 miles from where we live where once weekly we indulge in steak ciabatta's and a Stella or two.

Anyway for the past two weeks running a group of five lads aged about 9-13 upon hearing/seeing the car driving towards them have stopped whatever they're doing and given us a standing ovation in the road, with mucho's whooping and cheering!!

Embarrassed - Most definitely :yes:

I'm not quite sure how I'm meant to feel to be honest, both times the roof was off and the windows down so you can't exactly hide!

Rowland

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links