Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yellow Temperature Light On 2011 Iq- I2

Steve in Kent

Hi _ I bought my 2011 IQ- I2 on 15th March from Marshalls in Peterborough ( very pleasant experience and nice people ) and drove car home but have since noticed that each time I start car the yellow temperature lamp ( with cool written underneath ) stays on for about 1 mile. I have checked in the manual and it implies a problem. Jemca Toyota in Sidcup say its ok. NAy reassurance would be appreciated - thanks - Steve

I have a 2010 IQ and I have a green temp light that stays on until the engine reaches temprrature, (about 2 miles) I think this is the same and is normal, just a indication that engine has not reached its normal operating temp, when it does the light goes out.

Perfectly normal. But wait, one of must me colour blind Ha Ha

David

My GREEN light goes out when engine temp is at 85 deg based upon scan gauge reading.

wonder what temperature a YELLOW light goes out at Ha HA

David

Thanks Guys - all normal which is good to know - and Ive learnt that I am colour blind - !! ha ha

Ha Ha. No offence just being silly.

Welcome by the way

David

Seem to remember people asking about what happens if the engine gets hot (over heating) well, having looked directly at the circuit board on the dash, I can tell you there is an over temp LED but no trend, so when it comes on, Thats it really so you can't easily (nurse it home)

David

Seem to remember people asking about what happens if the engine gets hot (over heating) well, having looked directly at the circuit board on the dash, I can tell you there is an over temp LED but no trend, so when it comes on, Thats it really so you can't easily (nurse it home)

David

That is why I prefer a gauge. You can tell if it starts to run hotter than normal and get it looked at or stop driving before it boils over ;)

• Like 1

That is why I prefer a gauge. You can tell if it starts to run hotter than normal and get it looked at or stop driving before it boils over ;)

Exactly Mark! Making better use of that waste of space they call a console would be a great place to put the trip computer, clock and other jiggery-pokery - including some options to allow passengers to change volume and other parameters on the radio/CD/aux etc, whilst the trip computer area could instead hold a temperature and oil gauge. IMO, an LCD mileometer should be placed permanently inside the speedo instead of searching for it in a little crowded box according to an option button.

If you want to know your water temp and other data on the go, buy a scan gauge, I run two of them (Scan gauge II & Scan gauge E) both perminiantly connected to the OBD Port with splitter cable.

Lots of info available via these gauges !

Saves drilling holes and fitting new gauges !

See:

https://www.scangauge.com/

Pricey tho :unsure:

Reckon we could get a decent discount with a group buy...?

I also have the Scangauge, only really bought it as I had £100 Amazon voucher from work and couldn't think of anything else to spend it on. But for me you can't beat the look of an old Smiths gauge.

Scangauge can be very usefull though if you want the information.

Actually not sure if it will do the temp range. 90deg C. =194deg F

David

Sorry David, the range (90° max) is too small for a car.

In addition, its sensor will probably be different from the ones that can be installed on car engines.

What a pity, because it looks beautiful !

If you want to know your water temp and other data on the go, buy a scan gauge, I run two of them (Scan gauge II & Scan gauge E) both perminiantly connected to the OBD Port with splitter cable.

See:

Trouble is, whilst most are making savings on their fuel costs by owning an iQ, some of us are not. I just see any non-essential additions to the vehicle now as potential fuel money and a scanguage is three fill-ups for me whereas for most others it's only two.

So, not for me unfortunately.

See:

Trouble is, whilst most are making savings on their fuel costs by owning an iQ, some of us are not. I just see any non-essential additions to the vehicle now as potential fuel money and a scanguage is three fill-ups for me whereas for most others it's only two.

So, not for me unfortunately.

Agreed, you don't need a scan gauge to increase your MPG in my view, (it can help a bit) also I don't expect to get my money back for the cost of scan gauges, It is just a toy that can become give you useful info, If you are tight on cash then don't by a scan gauge and in my view don't buy an IQ there are more cost effective cars out there (depending upon your specific needs, and ability to do your own maintenance plus your annual miles) .

I am just a old !Removed! of an precision engineer that has nothing better to do with some of my time ! It's all just fun for me !

You see Christophe

I am a Transmitter Engineer not an Automobile engineer. And its beginning to show. Ha Ha. I only need it to work up to 40deg

David

An there's me who thought the temp gauge stayed on until it was warm enough to turn the fan on for heating the car!

Who wants cold air blowing around on a cold day! :canadian:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links