Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Removing The Side Strips...

samir

I want to paint the side strips of my MKII that go all the way round the car the same colour as my car but need some advice removing them.

I tried to remove them by unscrewing and then pulling it out but it seemed that if I use any great force they would break off!

Is there a specific way of removing them?

Thanks

You should paint them while they are on the car. Pulling them off will warp them out of shape and you will have to fit new ones.

You should paint them while they are on the car. Pulling them off will warp them out of shape and you will have to fit new ones.

Thats got to be the best way to do it Broke 2 of ours when I put parts of the kit on :crybaby:

Agreed, i will be spraying mine on the car. Shouldn't be a problem if you mask them off. Even if you do get some paint on the other panels, just use t-car to remove it.

Right, mine are faded and are NOT body coloured. My paint on the car is black, but id like to spray the side strips up. Is it easy to do yourself and if so, whats needed to do it well???

Or should it be a body shop job.????

professional bodyshop snapped mine taking 'em off too.

must be tricky :unsure:

they r until u know how to do em. by that time it was too l8, lol

only when the bit snapped off and i got a look at the way they're put on that u can take em off.

Slowly pry them away initially, then use a knife or similar, the chip away at the glue stuff that they've been put on with. u gotta do it slowly tho, and let it come off by itself as the glue/foam stuff is hacked off otherwise itl snap. also dont actually pull the strip ur holding out too much, just enuff to get the knife in, else the plastic bit can warp as jappy said.

-Z

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links