Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Not To Park

Raistlin

post-41902-0-73404900-1395764964_thumb.j

Click to enlarge...

With parking space at a premium in London here's one off-road challenge that proved too much for the driver of a brand new £80,000 Range Rover.

The luxury 4x4 with fewer than 500 miles on the clock was written off when it left the road and became wedged on its side between a wall and a basement.

Incredibly, witnesses said the woman driver and three female passengers escaped unscathed from the crash in Fitzrovia, north of Oxford Street in central London.

The gleaming white Range Rover Sport left the road and smashed through metal railings the junction of Fitzroy Street and Fitzroy Square before becoming stuck at the bottom of a 14-feet drop.

The car, which costs more than £80,000 before any optional extras, was salvaged a few hours after the crash at 5am on Sunday.

But the roof was wrecked and the car appeared to be destined for the scrap yard.

Passer-by Farook Rahman said: "I noticed the railing was smashed and there were some skid marks on the pavement, so I went over for a look.

"I couldn't believe it when I saw this posh car stuck at the bottom.

"That would either take a lot of skill or bad luck to land a huge car down there.

"I spoke to one of the neighbours who said the car had four girls in it and they were all right, which in itself is a miracle.

"I've never seen anything like that before.."

The vehicle is fitted with a five-litre supercharged V8 engine which develops a whopping 510bhp.

The white vehicle had just 500 miles on the clock when it ended up underground

This gives the sporty off-roader a 0-62mph time of just five seconds and a top speed which is electronically limited to 155mph.

The Metropolitan Police said that the incident was not a matter for them and they would not be investigating.

The luxury vehicle had a compressed and scratched black roof, and several windows were cracked and broken.

Garage space in the capital is at a premium.

You did say a woman driver with 3 female passengers! :driving:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links