Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wiper Blades

tarquin

There was a mention of replacement Wiper Blades a little while back but too lazy to go looking for it.

I remember people saying the genuine ones were expensive from MR T, and chose alternatives.

I went to MR T to get some front blades for our Verso S i got the 2 complete blades complete with the metal frame etc. the larger one some 25inches long was £9.27 and the smaller one £3.98. Very reasonable i thought. They are made in Korea. I also bought just the rubber for the front wipers on my iQ. The longer one was £8.59 and the smaller rubber £6.75. So the bare rubber iQ ones were more expensive. Difference being the iQ ones are made in Japan just like the car. These are + Vat.

Here are the part numbers in case you want to replace yours

085214-53080

085214-30400

David

Hi David.

I bought and fitted new front wiper refills for my Rav4, genuine Toyota rubber so to speak and like yours different sizes so if i bought a different make i would probably of had to buy a pair of each so would of worked out dearer if i'd of lost the 2 spares but i was happy with the price anyway...... the quality of the rubber is excellent, will buy the same again without question. The spares man even offered to fit them FOC at the time as well but was happy to do them myself.

Mike

I have just been back to the spares dept, who i know really well. And noticed the free fitting service on the wall. It was for my wife's car which was with her at work in Basildon. I offered the guy a lift and promised to bring mim back but he said " No your alright" Ha Ha. The iQ full blade is a lot of money. Think it was around £36

David

I have the PIAA blades, they are very good. I also use the PIAA screen cleaner/treatment and screen wash. The rain beads up and rolls of like ball bearings :)

Hi Guys, i have no doubt at all about PIAA wipers/repellent being excellent but i have never heard of them it was just that i was at the Toyota dealership at the time and yes Mr T's blades have silicone in them too. You pays your money and good to see 2 men that like to buy good stuff so you takes your choice, good on yer fella's.

Mike169

Bob, Mark,

I am assuming the rough price quote is for the "rubber" only

David

Bob, Mark,

I am assuming the rough price quote is for the "rubber" only

David

Not sure David, on the PIAA website it's difficult to tell, I will go to a PIAA dealer / supplier and just to make sure I get ones that fit my IQ correctly and also get more details.

With the PIAA I first ordered the Rubber only refil, but it was a different size section so wouldn't fit the Toyota carrier. They got returned and I opted for the Blade with Spoiler - http://www.tdcautomotive.com/PIAA-Super-Sporza-Silicone-Wiper-Carrier-and-Blade-with-Spoiler-Single_AQON3.aspx

You can also get Frame-less - http://www.tdcautomotive.com/PIAA-Si-Tech-Frame-less-Aero-Wiper-Blade-Single_A114LM.aspx

Thanks for the above comments, I will take my IQ to my nearest PIAA dealer (there is one quite close to me) and get the blades fitted there and then, to avoid and miss match and fitting issues.

Hi Bob, i have literally fitted 100's of Wiper Blades in my time working in not main stream garages and doing MOT's where just fitting a pair of wiper refills/complete blades to get someone through their cars MOT and there are so many types, widths, some with grooves etc, etc it could sometimes be a bit of a job matching up the correct type.

When i read this thread about PIAA blades i was sceptical but i have been to their website and their stuff looks top notch and i applaud you for wanting to fit high quality parts but yes i would get them to fit what ever you buy no worries that way and of course if they 'fly off' then the company is liable to sort out the problem.

Having said that once you have the correct part numbers and no issues with the PIAA blades you can always fit them yourself another time.

I'd be interested to read how you find these blades as they say they are 100% silicone, sounds good!

Regards Mike169

The IQ toyota rubbers for the front is £15 and its easy to put the new ones in, In my opinion do not buy any other ones that come with the metal attached as they do not work like the Toyota blades.

I have been there and done it

Robert

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links