Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Air Con Always Blowing Hot

Paul Govier

Hey Gang.

My air con is up the spout (i think)

No matter where i put the climate control thingy, (20 - 35) it always blows out scorching hot!!

Not good as summer is comming.

There are also 2 buttons above the dial where you choose (off/auto/low/mid/high)

These are worn, so dont know what they do.

What do i need to look for to get this working? Ive checked the fuses (about as far as my car knowlage goes) and they are ok.

Where do I look, what should i look for, or should i just take it to a garage, and if so, how much is this gonna cost me?

Thanks again

Paul

i think jim or some1 just mentioned this recently. unless u have it all the way to cold it'l be hot!

-Z

the left button is for A/C and this turns on the A/c cosntantly, right button is for Economy A/C which turns the A/C on and off every few minutes to save petrol. When the fan speed selector is on auto and you have A/C or Econ pressed then the fan speed will adjust to maintain the temperature you set.

I think what youre looking at is a regassing of your a/c system, around £100 but im not sure as ive never had it done myself!

Found the problem.

When the car was up on the ramp yesterday having my Mongoose fitted there was no !Removed! AIR CONDITIONING UNIT!!!!

The pipes were just joined together with no Air con unit there!

!Removed! Scamming fcuker I braught it off! Said it has Air Con in the advert!

Oh well, live and learn - Exhaust sounds mighty fine tho

How much will an air con unit set me back?

Thanks

Paul

give roguesystems a call about the A/C mate.

Enjoy your exhaust... enjoy setting car alarms off with it... lol ( still puts a smile on my face ) :D

Price for Air Con depends on whether it had it fitted originally, I take it the Econ and A/C switches are present and correct? If so you'll probably need the compressor, hopefully the blower unit is still behind the dash, and you will of course also need gas.

If it has never been fitted, you'll need all the parts - compressor, blower unit behind the dash the evaporator, electronic control system etc. plus you'll have to do lots of wiring if it never had it the wires might not be part of the loom so you'll have to make your own. I can't imagine it would be an easy procedure, since you would be replacing the standard manual temp system with a full blown climate control unit.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links