Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Refurbished Wheels - Diy!

Debz

Hey Guys.

I spent all day saturday refurbing my wheels, it was !Removed! hard work, but I am really pleaaed with them. :D

I have standards on my two, and they were in a really bad way, guess 10 years of wear and tear! They were all flakey, stained and generally looked scruffy, but sorted it! I spent the whole day, scrubbing at getting all the old flakey stuff off and sanding them down so all even, then went at it with the primer, paint and laquer. I am stiff as a board now, but what a way to enjoy the sunshine, hunched over four wheels in the back garden!!! ;)

Ill post some picks this week - Am pretty pleased (also cos saved me a fortuune!) They also now match my silver strip!! cos they are now matter than the originals. :D :D :D

post-38-1084893435.jpg

lol, DIY sometimes the best if not easiest way, im gradually doiing mine, my lensos were second hand, and the polished bit was suffering from brake dust abuse, its lots of hard work rubbing them down then polishing them again, but they look tonnes better after, and im saving about £200 DIY so what the hell :D

looking forward to the pictures :thumbsup:

on this note does any one know where they do ball polishing for alloys down south?

what colour did you paint them this time?

did you fix any kerb'd bits with that metal paste stuff u can get?

IM gonna do this next week sometime...can u list the stuff I need?

Would be great thanks

Hey Paul, yup its me! Not bad mate and u?

I have just done them silver again butn ot polished, just matt.

BlueMr2 - the stuff you need is some wet and dry paper, I got very co**** sheets and some fine sheets, some Primer, Paint (colour of your choice!) and some laquer (each can a few quid each), also some amsking tape, lots of newspaper to cover the tyres, I also had a dremel which helped in some areas. And lots of elbow grease! Think that was it - good luck!

Just done mine. They are the Toyota 15 inch Diamond cut ones. There was no kerb damage but the laquer had gone really scabby from I suppose all the salt over the winter. Anyway I rubbed them down with co****, then medium then fine wet and dry then went at them with metal polish. Ended up with no fingerprints and blisters on my fingers but I think they now look good again. Here is what they are like http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/modules.php?name=co...170&cat=0&pos=6

Got to say they look GREAT :thumbsup: , ( GOT SOME BIT'S i NEED POLISHING :P i WILL BRING THEM ROUND WHILE YOU ARE DOING NOWT :rolleyes: )

debz have to meet up in carphone warehouse in a week or so (go on hols thursday) :D so i can have a good look at 'em, as it may inspire me to do mine meself. :thumbsup:

looking good (from ur small pic) :P

Mine have gone really scabby around the outside and kinda blistered....can these be rubbed down and reapplied??

:angry:

Just done mine. They are the Toyota 15 inch Diamond cut ones. There was no kerb damage but the laquer had gone really scabby from I suppose all the salt over the winter. Anyway I rubbed them down with co****, then medium then fine wet and dry then went at them with metal polish. Ended up with no fingerprints and blisters on my fingers but I think they now look good again. Here is what they are like http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/modules.php?name=co...170&cat=0&pos=6

They look really good, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with cheap jap tyres on the back.

:thumbsup:

They look really good, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with cheap jap tyres on the back.

:thumbsup:

Cheap they may be but I've not yet been able to make them sqeal let alone lose grip (Obviously not trying hard enough). I have given myself some scares on them, gone round some corners then looked at the speedo and thought Jesus how did I get round at that speed? A tribute to the cars' handling I guess. Dont know if you knew but they are actually made by YOKOHAMA, they are their budget brand, they are cheap because they dont have the BRAND NAME that you pay for or the advertising costs that the mother brand does.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links