Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Puncture Sealant Expired!

I have gone down the "Puncture Safe" route, rather than the standard Toyota seal kit see - http://www.puncturesafe.com

Hi Bob, I did think about that one, after your entries on the forum, and others too. If I was to keep the Winter tyres on, or use an all year round type of tyre I might have done, for peace of mind. This idea of using run-flats too, might have merit for those with non Mr. T wheels, but again, I took the easy option and bought the Slime. I did, some time ago, toy with the idea of getting a space-saver if there was one as at least then you can whack that on and go get the other fixed or replaced or be on your merry little way with it. I may have said earlier on here that I don't think I could change a wheel any more without doing myself an injury so, the gunge/slime route is the one I took.

It's good to see what others do however, and helps make up ones mind a little easier.

:thumbsup:

I wonder what the expected life of the Puncture-safe stuff is?

I run my mountain bike tubeless with tyre sealant and that needs topping up occasionally as the liquid becomes less liquid as it ages so will eventually become useless when it dries too far.

I carry a spare wheel with me 99% of the time and the times when I don't carry it, I just take a chance.

Craig.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links