Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota 5Yr Warranty On Used Toyota Iq

rbrtjms

Hello,

Wanted some advice, I am picking up a my new car on monday,
Its a used Toyota IQ 1.0 WT-1, 59 Plate, from a Toyota Dealership,
it comes with 12 months warranty as standard, but i have the option of taking out an extended warranty for 5 years, for an additional £180.

Wandered if it was worth it, or just another way of Toyota squeezing extra money out of you.

Thanks

Rob

• Like 1

I doubt very much whether that will be a Toyota warranty - almost certainly a third party one which won't be as comprehensive or as easy to claim from.

Toyota extended warranties are for periods of one or two years, may be renewed up until the car is ten years old, and these are more expensive than £180.

See - http://www.toyota.co.uk/insurance-and-warranty/extended-warranty

Check with the dealer which company the warranty is with and ask for a copy of the terms and conditions and coverage.

• Like 1

I'll quote the paper work...

"We recommend that you take out Toyota Approved Used Extended Warranty -£180 (One off fee, inc taxes)

you have indicated the either you intend to jeep the vehicle for longer than the warranty supplied, or that your milage per annum, plus the vehicles current milage, amy extend the milage allowed under the terms of the warranty supplied.
Customers buying a Toyota Approved Used Car with up to 150,000 recored miles will be given a minimum 12 months' warranty, with the easy option to top-up the extended warranty to provide up to five years' cover. This is a Toyota-backed warranty, not a third party insurance product.

If the used car is less than five years old when purchased, up to 48 months' warranty can be added; if it is between five and eight years old, up to 24 months' can be purchased.

To make access to extended warranty options more flexible, Toyota has launched a new monthly payment plans. Customers can spread the cost of their cover across a fixed term of up to 48 months, subject to the age and condition of their vehicle.

The terms of the Toyota Approved Used Car Warranty means that, should any part covered by the warranty fail, it will be fixed at an official Toyota Service Centre, using genuine Toyota replacement parts. There is no charge to the customer for parts of labour; they are only required to pay for scheduled annual servicing and maintenance (more frequently for higher millage use).

The warranty includes MoT test cover and it can be upgraded to include roadside assistance through membership of club toyota. The extended warranty includes 12 months' club membership."

• Like 1

Nothing about coverage.

Is the car less than five years old - when was it first registered? A 2009 car could be under five years or over.

If the car is eligible for five years, don't forget you will be committing yourself to having the servicing done by the Toyota dealer network for the duration of the warranty.

Your choice.

• Like 1

very true, i expect they will try and sell me their service plan as well then.
might not bother, was just thinking it might cover the exhaust/cat, electrics etc,

But its one of those reassurance covers that companies seem to offer on everything you buy these days, might not bother, it comes with 12 months anyways so hopefully any problems will appear then, if any. I know of a great mechanic as well, so helpful and honestly priced. might just save the £180, thats 3 years mot testing in its self!

• Like 1

You will need the car to be serviced by a Toyota dealer during the 12 month warranty - look at Toyota's Fixed Price Service scheme for details: http://www.toyota.co.uk/service-and-maintenance/car-servicing

Service plans can be based on the Fixed Price Service scheme costs.

Again the terms and conditions of the extended warranty will tell you what components and systems will be covered - what you copied above aren't the terms and conditions. Presume the info is what the salesperson has given you.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links