Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dab Radio

Parrotperson

Hi. I've a new auris hybrid excel with which I'm very pleased except for one small thing

I can't seem to pick up any national radio channels on the dab radio. I can get local ones just fine but I want to get 5live extra so I can listen to the cricket.

My portable dab picks them up just fine if I sit it in the car so what am doing wrong?

The dealer said it only picks up local stations but I can't think that that's right!

Thanks for any help

Thanks. Will troll thru when I get a mo.

The DAB display only shows one multiplex at a time (another example of the great ergonomics on the Auris radio... :bored:) so I guess you're just seeing a local multiplex at the moment. If you scroll through the multiplexes (I think there's an up/down key to do this) you'll find some national multiplexes. There should be at least two, one for BBC and one for independents (e.g. TalkSport).

Once you've found the stations you want, save them as Presets, then you won't have to trawl through the different multiplexes again.

Your dealer needs a slap for feeding you duff information.

Thanks blue canary. I knew the info from the dealer was duff!

Will try that later when I'm back in the car.

The operation of the DAB radio is not at all intuitive and I initially had exactly the same problem. Blue Canary's answer is spot on - each multiplex covers a range of stations e.g. all the BBC channels in my area are contained in "12B" therefore if I tune to 12B all the BBC channels magically appear in the "Service List" screen. If I tune to 11A then I see Talksport pressing the tuning up/down arrows moves between multiplexes.

To save constantly switching between multiplexes you can select your favourite stations from any multiplex and add them to your preset screen (limited to 6 presets in total). A quick internet search should reveal which multiplexes are available in your region

Thanks delbois. Yes I've figured it out now. Not at all intuitive!

The dealer insisting it could only pick up local stations didn't help!

Thank goodness I found this forum.

• 1 month later...

I have the 2013 Touring Sport Hybrid. What's with the DAB implementation?

One of the selling points of DAB radio is the song/artist information displayed.

If this is available with the Auris, then how is it accessed?

• Like 1

My query was re getting national stations on the dab which the dealer said wasn't possible! Of course it is and I've got them tuned in now.

I have only seen the radio stations listed not anything else.

Hopefully someone else might know?

No. By all means hijack away!

Someone else more knowledgeable than me might be able to help. Good luck

I have the 2013 Touring Sport Hybrid. What's with the DAB implementation?

One of the selling points of DAB radio is the song/artist information displayed.

If this is available with the Auris, then how is it accessed?

As far as I'm aware that into isn't displayed on the auris radio. Crazy but true. Toyota think that displaying the multliplex id is more useful

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links