Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A Few Questions For A Newbie.

tina2410

OK,

Number 1, my digital petrol gauge - one minute its flashing on empty and the next there are 2 or 3 bars!! Is this normal and how am i spose to keep track on how much petrol Iv got??? :huh:

Secondly, I have a 1.0 and on the motorway it seems to struggle a little on about 70mph as the rev counter goes above 4 - am i going to wreck the engine if i keep travelling on motorways at 70mph??

Think thats it for the mo!

Thanks guys

I must put a pic of my sxy yaris on here soon!

Hi and welcome. My 1.0 Yaris can recover a bar on the petrol guage after it has been parked up for a while but it soon goes back down. You're not parking on a slope are you? That could make a difference. I never let mine run down too far on fuel anyway. It's not a good idea.

While not the sportiest car on the road, it should do 70mph and some without too much of a struggle. Top speed is 96mph, I think, but I bottled out at 91!

If you're worried though, I'd suggest you take it in to the dealers and have a word with them.

:thumbsup:

yeah my petrol gauge does that, and im parked on a slope.

Did ya get your cd player fitted?

Matt

Yeh i have a 1L and it does that all the time! Iv hit 97 and the car started creeking :blink: but iv held it at 80 comfortably

Creaking? Tell us more! Looking at the tacho, I thought I had more than 5mph left but a busy M56 and lack of balls stopped me finding out. :unsure:

Hmm I've never let my 1.0L get to under 3 bars..and when it's on 3 it never flashes or goes temperamental - mind you the car is only 2 months old so it's still practically brand new. I take mine at 70 mph on a dual carriageway 5 days a week and she has no trouble..I can hear the engine begin to really "work" at about 67 but it's nothing major and makes a nice sound. It never struggles..the fastest I've taken her is 75 and I was amazed by the power it kept..if you aren't sure about yours perhaps a trip to the dealer might be best.

Tina, theres only one way to find out! Try it out!

And yeh i hit 97, there was jus sum creeking and i didnt kno what it was, was comin from under the car, not under bonnet.

Go on motorway, and try!! If u can hit 95 then u shud b ok :P

the little 1.0 yaris will do more than 100 if pushed, but not recomended! but shoudlnt struggle at 70!!

I find it prefers t go over 70. It's like the VVT-i has a think and says "Oh, so you wanna play, do you?". :D

I'm not saying I believe it really thinks, btw, just in case someone calls for help for me! :wacko:

Call the physc department now.... WE HAVE A NUTCASE WHO THINKS HIS ENGINE THINKS ON THE LOOSE

LMFAO

i really should get to bed hehe

Hi there!

My old 1.0S once showed 110mph (on a private road of course...) but that was on quite a steep downhill section with the wind behind me and it got a little scary over an indicated 105, which it did more than once. Actually, I now believe that its speedo was wildly over-optimistic!

As regards the fuel gauge, you still have about 30 to 40 miles (at least)when it starts flashing. Yes, they all fill themselves up when they've been sitting on even the slightest slope.

Eternity575: IMHO the digital instruments are far better than analogue ones and were ne of the reasons that I bought my first Yaris in preference to a Smart (a VERY good move as it was to turn out!)

Cheers and happy motoring,

Alan

smart car are ridulous, talk about compact, Yeah so compact only TWO people can fit in!

Yes i've had an indicated 109mph on my own private road! Wos a slight downhill but it felt steady i thought, and i know wot u mean at bout 70mph, mines sits at bout 3700rpm and sounds like its workin 2 hard!

Cheers :thumbsup:

So, to answer your question, Tina2410, it looks like your car won't blow up at 70, cos it's only really doing 45 (joke: for those who are tired!) and in fact it would like to go faster please! ;)

Oh and it doesn't really think.... honest!

Im no pinochio (is that how u spell him?) but i hit 114 on the way bk from swan-c :yes: (will take photo nxt time for non-believers) and yes it's a 1.0l. Regulary do 80-85 on the way 2 Bristol.

Cant hear nowt as my ice drows it out!

Sorry 'drowns' it out :thumbsup:

And breaking the limit was a once off, just finished 'running the car in'.

Dont condone speeding, seems ok when theres no one about (motorway)

The T-sport sits at 3,500 at 70 , so 4k at 70 in 1L should be fine

Hail the VVTi :P

Niz

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links