Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Philips Daylight Guide Just Installed

Salsadicto

I just installed a Philips Daylight guide running lights kit

http://www.ledperf.com/feux-de-jour-led-philips-daylightguide-p-4217.html

I found out that the front bumper is quite easy to remove and install with no chance to damage it if you do it carefully.

Some pics DIY :

There are 6 screws to remove under the bumper, 5 pins on the top of the bumper and another kind of pin on each front wheel.

The lights turn on for 30 seconds when you plug them to the Battery and stay on for 30 second after you turn of the engine (same thing when the start and stop motion stops the engine)

gqbe.jpg

10jh.jpg

Engine off, lights off :

tsg4.jpg

Engine on, lights off :

0i7q.jpg

Engine on/off, lights on :

h6mq.jpg

I fogot to take pics when i screwed the fixation plates in the aeration grid....

• Like 1

Salsadicto,

These look great, I'm a bit confused about what you have bought and when they are on?

The website looks like excellent place to buy. Can you tell me what kit you bought and how easy they were to fit in to the grill.

Thanks.

Salsadicto,

These look great, I'm a bit confused about what you have bought and when they are on?

The website looks like excellent place to buy. Can you tell me what kit you bought and how easy they were to fit in to the grill.

Thanks.

I bought this : http://www.philips.fr/c/car-lamps/led-daytime-lights-guide-12825wledx1/prd/

It is a DRL daytime running light

It is easy to install if you have a driller and take your time to think how and where to install it. you need to drill 4 holes in the bumper's removable grid (the grid where my DRL are installed)

I bought 4 "things i can't translate from french" looking like this : http://www.leroymerlin.fr/v3/p/produits/equerre-chaise-100x19mm-e1400146240

equerre-chaise-100x19mm.jpg

The ones I bought are 30mmx30mm (maybe 15mm large) and fit perfectly. Thanks to this the DRls are not in front but slightly behind the plastic bumper's grid (I'll take a pic later).

How do they work ?

They are DRL so they improve the way other drivers sees you.

They are connected to the car Battery and they turn on as soon as the control box finds out that the car engine is on.

They are connected to the + wire of the car lights and automatically reduce from 6wat to 1wat not to blind other drivers at night.

They also stay lightened for 30 seconds after you turn off your car's engine.

They turn on if you turn the car lights even if the car's engine is off.

• Like 1

Thanks Salsadcto,

I realise what they are for, but It was the on/off I was confused about. I understand now.

Brackets, that's what they are called in English. Your English is far better than my French. :)

I can also see what you bought,

Thank you Salsadcto for your kind help.

• Like 1

Not sure about legality In the UK

Thought the DRL's had to go off when the mail lights come on ,not just reduced

David

• Like 1

Thanks David,

I think they're too expensive to bother with after thinking about it.

• 7 months later...

Hi,

Did you connect it to the side light? if so do you remember which colour is the positive wire?

Michael

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links