Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hid?

vox

I seem to remember someone has an HID headlight conversion, It was maybe David, or Craig?

I was driving at night in a very dark country lane and I actually found the headlights appalling.

Perhaps I am used to the Night breakers in my old car.

I'm now considering HIDs as there is no upgrade to the HIR2s that my IQ has fitted.

I've spent some time trying to find something suitable without any luck.

Can someone let me know what they used please, I would be most grateful.

Thanks guys.

I think David has, I haven't.

I find the lights pretty good myself and you need to be aware that fitting HID's to the iQ isn't technically legal as the lights don't have washers or self leveling but people have and say they have had good results from them.

Keep us posted if you do fit any and how you find them after and if the light pattern changes as well as intensity.

Craig.

Thanks Craig,

I realise they are effectively illegal, and knowing my luck I will get caught with them.

You find the IQ headlights OK? I was amazed how poor mine were, I could hardly see anything properly on full beam on a very dark windy county lane.

Living in a built up area, of course the dip makes no difference as we have so much street lighting you could actually drive with the lights off (Many do!)

I have the opportunity of using a headlight beam adjuster and that might just help.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links