Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Whats The Standard Spec Of A Rev 3 Gts?

Fizz

Rev 3 breakdown

reading the above again when chattin to someone who is interested in joining the clan... and it states that the LSD and ABS was standard on Rev 3 Tubbies?

I have the GTS version.. and i could swear that it dont have ABS... or LSD??

Or am i really tired and reading crap again.. lol :rolleyes:

ABS was an option on rev3 GTS but LSD was standard for deffo rev3 onwards. Your better without it trust me..just pointless weight addition bah!

MSherry and Rikki both have rev3s and niether of them have ABS either.

i see.. so i do have LSD then... hmm...

will i notice this when im gunnin round a corner.. or is it really subtle? and with regards to ABS...

Im with you in that i drive carfully in the wet... and in the dry you dont need it for sure...

and speaking about options... mine has a drivers airbag...???

Easy when you click your keys over to ACC itll state (ABS) if you have it...and if you dont...itll show nowt!

Easy when you click your keys over to ACC itll state (ABS) if you have it...and if you dont...itll show nowt!

i kinda figured that part out.. its the LSD that im wondering about as i was told originally that the GTS dont have LSD... how can i find out and how will i know when its in use?

Taken from: http://www.btinternet.com/~netsurf/mr2t/mr2tfaq.html

"To verify if your car has a LSD, check the vehicle identification plate on the inside of front bonnet. There are a number of codes given there, including the transmission type, whose code starts with the sequence "A/TM"

For example, A/TM:- 735/E153

If the last digit before the /E153 is a '3' or a '5' then the car has a LSD - therefore in the example above it does."

-Z

your car def has lsd mate since its a rev3, mine has it too as an option and it does seem to stick very well in corners, but i wouldnt know how it handles without!

oh and plus LSD lets you do MAAAAD donuts lol

how can i find out and how will i know when its in use?

bring it up sometime - we'll go to a carpark and

do MAAAAD donuts lol
:lol::lol: then you'll know if it has a LSD or not..... ;)

Rash

My LSD should be getting fitted this week/early next week.

Donuts eh ?...... lmao.. sweet !

also says on there that u need the abs to work the lsd. can that restriction be overcome?

-Z

wheres it say that mate? LSD and ABS are completely different systems i believe and independant of each other.

how can i find out and how will i know when its in use?

bring it up sometime - we'll go to a carpark and

do MAAAAD donuts lol
:lol::lol: then you'll know if it has a LSD or not..... ;)

Rash

erm.. i can confirm that it does donuts nicely thank you.. :lol::thumbsup:

with regards to the ABS... i thought they would be seperate as well..?? :blink:

doh, i got confused. it was the tcs that needed the abs (which makess sense), not the lsd... my bad!

-Z

doh, i got confused. it was the tcs that needed the abs (which makess sense), not the lsd... my bad!

-Z

its ok lad... we know you by now.. :D :P :thumbsup:

ABS is an OPTION on type III's.....I don't have it and don't miss it whatsoever :)

LSD is standard in type III's. And traction control DOESN'T have to be present for ABS to work :) My Gen II had 4-ABS but no traction control.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

ABS is an OPTION on type III's.....I don't have it and don't miss it whatsoever :)

LSD is standard in type III's. And traction control DOESN'T have to be present for ABS to work :) My Gen II had 4-ABS but no traction control.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

just read it on that guide kiwi (the one posted above with the lsd info)

think its near the bottom of the page.

-Z

yep ABS doesnt require traction control...but traction control does require ABS (of course) B)

an easy way to find out if you have an LSD is to jack up the back so both rear wheels are off the ground and just spin one of the wheels. After a little turn both wheels should start moving. Thats it.

an easy way to find out if you have an LSD is to jack up the back so both rear wheels are off the ground and just spin one of the wheels. After a little turn both wheels should start moving. Thats it.

The stock LSD on the mr2 is a viscous type lsd. If you turn one wheel, it will act like an open diff. The stock LSD is NOT a positraction or locked differential.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

you all chattin technical !Removed!.. and im lost.. :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links