Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Bra

smudge-1991

What do people think of them...

I have never had one ... But none of my cars get used as much as my Auris so never invested but after I noticed a couple of stone chips I'm thinkin maybe to

Sent from my HTC One SV using Toyota OC mobile app

Is that one of those tarpaulin things that you put over the front of the bonnet? Personally I think they look ridiculous and I think it's a bit like leaving the polythene on your seats so they're brand new for the next owner. Each to their own tho, I'm sure some folks love them :)

I just don't wanna lay out for a front end respray at some point I just wanted opinions and experience to be honest

I know they used to (or may still be) quite popular in North America - if I was over there and saw a car with one on I wouldn't look twice.

If I saw one on a car over here in the UK it'd certainly attract my attention as they're so rare over here - in fact I don't think I've ever seen one! Personally I think they're a good idea but for me, I think it would look a little odd in the UK.

Have you looked at vehicle wrapping? 3M springs to mind..

http://www.vehiclewrapfilms.co.uk/products/colour-change/3m-scotchprint-wrap-film-series-1080

My old car was wrapped in 3m and when I got hit by stones sooner or later it started to peel or bubble where the wrap had broken from the impact

Even with a bonnet bra fitted, the bumper is still exposed to stone chips and similar.

I was looking at a full front one not just a bonnet one

Don't think the bonnet bras look too bad, but the complete frontal protector looks awful !

Think I'd consider a good smart repairer to handle any stone chipping - if needed.

I think it'd look quite good especially since the colour of your car is darker colour. I think it definitely is a matter of personal taste though.

Think it depends on what road surfacing materials are commonly used in the area where you live/work. Here in Birmingham the Local Authority has almost universally gone over to tarmac - which reduces the instances of stone chips. However some areas of the UK (especially Scotland) still use tarmac and chippings, which can be a nightmare for stone chips and windscreens.

I'm not worried by a few stone chips, I think when dealers value used cars for sale, they always have to take into account a few 'wear and tear' chips etc.

Well I drive from Derby to lands end twice a week so drive on all sorts of surfaces but the Cornish roads are terrible in most and very old same as parts of the m5 are bad

This subject is one of those that polarises opinion - much in the same way as things like paintwork protection systems like Supaguard, GAP insurance, etc.

So probably down to personal choice as to whether the advantages outweigh the disadvantages for you.

Well I am just lookin for opinions I'm sure someone has a pic of one

Only images I've come across for the Auris are bonnet bras.

It's on gb driver .com for full front or bonnet

In the UK bonnet bras don't seem to be very popular, and less so for the full protector. I've seen the images on GB Driver - which are an Opel Astra, Mini and Renault Clio.

Ye when scrolling through which ones you can buy there is an option for the full one but no image

One guy on this forum had one, but it was for bonnet only. Not so bad and something different for sure.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQHFddyjF7PWUdMZH5xmyglrhdUcmxcfh7JMTU8D6VmC504fvei7w

There is also other type of bonnet protector which looks like this. I would prefer that one.
jDKRMZn.jpg?1

• Like 1

Speed chaser ... If i knew where to get one of those and that front splitter I would be all over them

You will find the protector just by searching for "Auris bonnet protector". The lip is from Modellista and can be found from local distributors or Japan directly. You can try RHDjapan, Nengun and Greenline.jp webshops.

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know if the hood deflector from Ireland in post 21 will fit a 2008 Auris? Or if not where I can get one from?

Sent from my iPad using Toyota OC

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links