Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Iq Rear Bumper

robclench

HI Guys,

I have seen this thread: www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/137044-rear-bumper-removal/

But i cant seem to be able to remove the 4 clips in the first pic. Does anyone know how to remove these clips without breaking them?

My mums car has been hit and has a dent just to the left of the rear reflector on the drivers side and I'm hoping a good shove will pop it out as no paint is missing.

Any help is appreciated.

I think they are the type of clips that are two parts and you need to remove the centre first.

With a screwdriver you should be able to prise the centre circle out and away from the rest of the clip. Take it easy and work around it until it pops down, it may not come out completely though but once it's out enough the outer part should become loose and then the whole thing drops out.

Here is an image of what they look like before they are fitted.

If you damage them do a search on eBay for Toyota clips and you will find ones suitable for only a few pounds.

As you push the dent out a bit of heat can be applied to the inside to aid the return of the plastic. Don't overheat it and melt it and push it out first but if any dent remains a gentle bit of heat will see the plastic return to it's prior shape. :)

Craig.

post-116364-0-80658500-1401375144_thumb.

Thanks Craig, ill give that a bash.

Why bother doing it yourself? We got a new bumper installed, sprayed up and fitted for £350 inc vat. They're cheap parts and an easy fit.

(two weeks later she backed into a wall again, but we're leaving it this time - grrrr lol)

• Like 1

With or without parking sensors lol

David

Without.

I'm the fool who's hit a car WITH parking sensors, though it was a useless Peugeot system so I'm half redeemed.

Beep, beep, beep, crunch, beeeeeeep. F*@x8^ling marvelous.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links