Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Servicing Costs

Panders

I picked up my IQ2 today and the dealership offered me a service plan with a discount and I wondered if it was worth it? What are the average service costs for IQ's? The deal works out at £175 per service for the next 3 years including parts, labour, collection and delivery? Worth it?

Pamela

Is the IQ new or used? If used, how old is it and how many miles has it done?

If the IQ is new, services are due every 12 months or 10,000 miles - whichever comes first.

So you will be due an intermediate service at 12 months/10,000 miles, a full service at 2 years/20,000 miles plus a brake fluid change (£39), and another intermediate service at 3 years/30,000 miles.

Looking at Toyota's Fixed Price Servicing Scheme - http://www.toyota.co.uk/service-and-maintenance/car-servicing

- the costs will be £125, £195 + £39 (brake fluid change) and £125 - totalling £484 including parts and labour.

Usually garages offer a collection/delivery facility for no extra cost.

Looking at your service plan quote, have they just included the 3 services and not the brake fluid change at 2 years? Also your quote , if it is £175 per service, works out to £525.

So you can use the Toyota Fixed Price Servicing to negotiate the costs of your service plan - I did.

If the IQ is a used one, come back to us to say what age and how many miles it has done - as this will reflect what services it is due.

Hi again, its a 2012 with 11500 on the clock, just had its 2nd service so won't be due to be serviced again, yes the plan quoted is £524.03, liked the idea of paying monthly to spread the cost but I guess I could just put that amount aside each month if there is no saving to be had by using this plan!

OK - so it will be due an intermediate at 3 years/30,000, a full service at 4 years/40,000 and brake fluid change, and another intermediate at 5 years/50,000. So the servicing costs are as I quoted - £484 including a brake fluid change

I would go back to the dealer and say that their service plan quote is more expensive than Toyota's Fixed Price Service costs including a brake fluid change at 4 years/40,000 miles - which totals £484, whereas their quote is £524 excluding the brake fluid change.

Ask them to re-quote basing the cost on Toyota's Fixed Price Servicing and including a brake fluid change at 4 years/40,000 miles. I would be surprised if they don't come down in price to around the £484.

It is easier to pay monthly, but you shouldn't have to pay over the odds for this. Aside from that, you're also fixing the price of the servicing for the period of the plan (which you don't if you just put the money aside).

Don't forget there will also be the cost of the MOT to factor into your budget when the car reaches 3 years old, but you could pay for that separately.

My view - With a newish car - Just pay Toyota it's much less hassle, keep your service book stamped, and warranty valid, It's perhaps cheaper to do it slightly differently but not that much, unless you are doing all the work yourself, then you have no dealer stamps and potentialy invalid warranty.

On a newish car I would perhaps see it and budget it as part of the running costs.

I think the other thing to consider is that this quote caps the price so if the servicing costs at Toyota increase at all then I'm in luck with this plan...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links