Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Kenwood Head Unit

Moffmo

If anyone here owns a kenwood youll know that they flip over and stuff right.

Well yesterday i was parked and had Battery on but not engine. and when i turned engine on it did <I thought I could get past the swearing filter - what a sad muppet I am eh?> all. It will still flip over and stuff when you hold the button down. BUT IT WONT PLAY music. NONE of the other buttons work!!! It does Nothing except flip itself over!

I press reset, that did nothing.

I've unpluged it and pluged it back in..that did nothing

Iv plugged all wires to other headunit and that works so its not connections.

Halford plugged it into thier headunit things (what they use for demostrations) and that did nothing

WHAT IS WRONG WITH IT?????????

Please help people as i only brought this about 5 days ago secound hand.

It has been working fine all along now this!

Cheers

Matt

a mates did this a while ago.

i think it was his mask mechanism that needed replacing - cost about £150

J

i aint paying 150 to get it fixed it aint even worth that.

Mask Mechanism? What do you mean?

It moves and the button to make it move is working...But others are unresposive!

Fuse is ok

Cheers

Matt

i think it was his mask mechanism that needed replacing - cost about £150

The MASK is the whole flippy l'ook at me hiding thing'..........

Take it to a proper ICE shop they should diagnose it, otherwise send it off...eek :o

mine did this also. is it the one with the dolphins on where you can change the buttons from red to green? if so its the same model, i'd had it about a year an a half {just outside of the waranty :censor: } it went into mask mode and back out again fine but no sound and the cd wouldn't eject.

I took it back to my dealer and they said it was the main wire that was faulty {the big flat one inside thats about an inch wide}, they sent it back to kenwood and got it fixed.

whole thing took a fortnight and cost me £50.

hope this helps :thumbsup:

its ok

Analysis of problem shows me i need new ribbon, these can be conviently brought on eBay for a tenner for diy!

Or 25 for them to replace it, including shipping back!

Beats the 150 said as above

hey stephan just read you post, yeah that sounds about right. A guy from halford told me that it was fauly...nothing to do with car and he had simular problem ages ago. Kenwood indeed and it cost him about 50 quid!... however i would not like to give kenwood the satifaction of making money on ****ty goods they have sold!

Was reading on a website, and it looked like mine, but different model. anyway loads of people gave it abuse and said it died almost after a year and half. Every single person who commented on it said the same thing!

Yeah that one with buttons that change colour, you could change colour of led display as well. and it did all that fancy flipping stuff.

Pisses me off that kenwood can sell these and get away with it grrrr. but should make a nice little project getting it fixed :)

wonder if i should get in contact with people i brought it off and get them to pay half for ribbon ?

Cheers Stephan

Matt

no problem mate

having said that i know it's a pain in the ***** when it happens but other than that iv'e been happy with it, always a good quality sound and it never skips over bumps given the chance, i'd buy it again

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links