Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Whats The Hurry?

pablosbelliano

Is it me or just since I got my celica that means everyone can drive 2 inches off my rear bumper!!!! Even in a built up area, 30 mph speed limit and early morning traffic. This week has been full of them!!!!!!!!! Why can't they back the ***** up?????

Seeking road as used in many car adverts with no traffic!!!!!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fidgits

• Moffmo

• Funkadelic

• dazwan

I know what you mean mate!!

They're usually Nova's or Saxo's that do it to me.

Just tap your brakes so your lights come on, then they'll back off a bit. And if they don't then you'll get a free respray when they hit ya!

i always find its 'reps' who do it.

raybans, ben sherman and teeth cleaned with a die grinder at the helm of such stupendous vehicles as the passat and vectra..!

I get it all the time, thing is it's any car/driver in my experience (the worst ones for it are rep mobiles and Rover drivers). Just because I stick to the speed limit people get funny and as a result think that driving up my backside is going to make me break the law on their account. It's funny how they always back off everytime I get to a junction though.

The highway code suggests slowing down when you get a tailgater. All this usually does is annoy them and make them drive even closer.

Nah, They just seem closer in the rear view mirror coz when you look in your wing mirror there not really that close. :lol:

But I know what you mean I have that problem myself. :thumbsup:

Dont put foot on break pedal bit dangerouse (spelling?) switch your night lights on and then off quickly and the break light will go on then off.

Does any one have a clue what I am talking about??? :lol:

But it does work Honetly. :thumbsup:

How about speed up and pull over ..

the inside lane of the motorway is for doing 70 .. GET OFF MY PRIVATE RUNWAY !!

120mph on M25 in a storm one night

White vanswear to god must have only been an inch from my back bumper

Frightened the hell out of me, couldnt pull over , brake, do anything

Dont have this problem somehow with this car tho - tap brakes ever so.... and YIKES thats a lot of red lights :D, one shocked tailgater suddenly drops right back hehehe

Tailgaters really :censor: me off

On speed bumps I get it all the time I go very slow and go over the stupid things now this seems to :censor: of every other car driver and I sometimes get overtaken now this is the one thing that makes me explode it's normally taxi drivers in peugeot 406's or ford mondeo's :ffs: :ffs: :ffs:

same here knowlson

i have to crawl over the humps and always get gimps overtake me or just sit right on my tailgate.

one time there was a woman gettin a touch frustrated over the fact of it and as i slowed for one hump she must have been in third or somat cos i heard the car stall behind me :lol::lol::lol::lol:

120mph on M25 in a storm one night

White vanswear to god must have only been an inch from my back bumper

120mph :blink: what kind of van was it? :blink:

Yep, the world is full of nutsacks! i just carry on at my pace, if they don't like it they can :censor: :censor: :censor:

Yea ther alot of D*** on the road.

I find a good trick is to use the handbrake to slow your speed down this scares the wotis out of them because suddenly they get very close to you :D

this trick is good if there is a police car behide you and you need to slow down but you dont want the cop to know that your speeding. :D

Try this sometime and see the drivers face go white :lol:

hehe, yeah

What i do with tailgater is, (btw i only get tailgaters becuase i over took them in a fast lane) and they will tailgate me

What i do is speed up, brake speed down. And when you see them edging to takeover you to show their manly cars. Speed up again hehe.

Really :censor: them off!

Handbrake tip Also useful!

language!

Edited by jaxx

Most of the suggestions here are to annoy the 'tailgater'... where I can agree they :censor: me off, and sit up my backside just cos I'm doing 30 in a 30 zone..

I just ignore them, I mean you dont know who they are, and the incidents of road rage are going up, and if you start yanking the handbrake, or do Moffmo's speed up/slow down, your asking for a very :ffs: driver behind you...

So me... I just plod along and refuse to be intimidated by the Mondeo/Vectra...

Yeah but the angry he gets, and the less you let him overtake you, the more he will learn his lesson...

besides im evil hehe

Yeah but the angry he gets, and the less you let him overtake you, the more he will learn his lesson...

besides im evil hehe

Yeah, and the more likely he is to force you off the road and attack you with a wheel brace! :censor:

Or, the more likely he is to perform a very risky overtaking move, taking himself, someone else, and possible you out with him..

Very silly <_<

if he did actually overtake i would pull over, and let him get by

no you wouldnt, reading from above i'd bet you'd speed up! <_< :rolleyes:

nah i only do that went they start edging out....if he did actually overtake me i.e on other side of road, id just let him go

if he did actually overtake i would pull over, and let him get by

no you wouldnt, reading from above i'd bet you'd speed up! <_< :rolleyes:

To be honest I have have speed up when people have overtaken me on speed bumps, as it has made me so angry that the driver behind me has not had the patients to wait for me to drive over a speed bump at 10-15 mph :ffs:

What are you supposed to do when they overtake you as you enter a different speed limit (eg from a 30mph zone to a national speed limit)?

This seems to always happen to me. I sit at 30 until I get to the National speed limit zone at which point I start to accelerate. It's at this point the tailgater decides he has to get passed, with no awareness that the limit has just changed and that I am likely to start accelerating. Should I just hang back or continue to speed up to the new speed limit?

Even more annoying are the constant 40mph'ers (who do 40mph EVERYWHERE). They sit up your backside in a 30 zone. Overtake you then hold you up on the fast twisty bits (national speed limit) because they are STILL doing 40!!! (and you know you can do that bit of road at 60 blindfolded)

i hate the 40mph club with a total vengence!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links