Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Whats The Hurry?

pablosbelliano

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fidgits

• Moffmo

• Funkadelic

• dazwan

Apparently they are the ones responsible for all the national speed limits being dropped to 40mph back home in Yorkshire. I remeber the local paper saying they were putting pressure on the council/police to lower the limit because people were always tailgating them. The result:

Idiots are still doing 60 on these roads. Tailgating absolutely everybody who now sticks to the new limit.

AND...The geriatric 40mph crew are now doing 30 along the same bit of road!!!

I can do a far far much BIGGER RANT on Undertaking

Thats something that REALLy gets me going. Usually undertaking at high spead on the motorway- had a few 'arguments' on the road with that one - I wont have it, its dangerous, and has caused way too many close calls

120mph on M25 in a storm one night

White vanswear to god must have only been an inch from my back bumper

120mph :blink: what kind of van was it? :blink:

Yep, the world is full of nutsacks! i just carry on at my pace, if they don't like it they can :censor: :censor: :censor:

you can see why it frightened the living daylights outta me. few years back while at uni hence in M25 vicinity

My old T-reg Volvo 240DL was totally flat out, not a chance of any more speed whatsoever, and even if could pull over with the traffic beside me I couldnt due to how darned close the van was to me

undertaking does my nust in on motorway!

the thing that grrs me is when people go to overtake but they dont and its pointless and everone is undertaking!

Thats something that REALLy gets me going. Usually undertaking at high spead on the motorway- had a few 'arguments' on the road with that one - I wont have it, its dangerous, and has caused way too many close calls

Ahhh, but if you wernt sat in the middle lane overtaking an empty lane, then people wouldnt be able to undertake!!!!

Ahhh, but if you wernt sat in the middle lane overtaking an empty lane, then people wouldnt be able to undertake!!!!

.... in the process of overtaking safely and someone spies an ickle gap that MIGHT squeeze through JUST in time huh?!

I any of you see a black MR2 coming up behind .. please, just get out the way ..

I hate talegaters, but it's more anoying having someone doine 70/80 in the outside lane .. and espectially the middle lane hogs ..

good thing I've found with owning my car... people actually move out of the way for it. Even if they're hogging the outside lane... they pull back in.. let me past, then pull back out.

I any of you see a black MR2 coming up behind .. please, just get out the way ..

I hate talegaters, but it's more anoying having someone doine 70/80 in the outside lane .. and espectially the middle lane hogs ..

erm... the legal speed limit is 70mph.. how can you complain about people doing that!??????

Fair enough, people doing 60 in the outside lane... but c'mon!

If you are doing 70 - you should be in the inside lane ..

if the inside lane is clear you should get in it no matter how fast you're going.

exactly, that is my point...

And bibbs, if a truck (legal limit 60) is overtaking a slower truck, does that mean even though I am doing 10 mph more than the truck in the middle lane, I should not use the outside lane, just incase an idiot that thinks the M4 is a racetrack might have to slow down to close to the legal limit while I overtake the truck?

Ahh .. I think trucks shouldn't be on the roads .. they are the cause of so many of our traffic jams ..

Don't mind me fella .. I'm just saying I don't like slow drivers in the outside lanes ..

When I had a slow car I never got in the outside lane .. I don't like holding other people up ..

I'm sure everyone doesn't always go at exactly

the speed limit or below all the time, geez I mean I know we're all law abiding folks, but even the police are guilty of going over the limit by 10mph or so at times :D, I know what your saying Bibbs :thumbsup: , it annoys the hell outa me too.

Why though 50% of the time is it beemers that are sitting in the overtaking lanes

and refusing to move, apparently to most of them buy the road with the Badge too :ffs: .

speed limit aside if ur sat in the outside lane and someones going faster than u, u should ALWAYS let them pass, thats me reckoning anyways :)

-Z

You got that straight!!!! :thumbsup:

Dont get him started on :censor: drivers :lol::lol::lol:

Afternoon dude bored at work then??

dont forget to include me, there are 3 lanes, all that can go at 70MPH max,

so what is the point from driving in the second lane then move into the third lane and slow down to 50MPH, and stay there for 1 miles, it ***** me off

120mph on M25 in a storm one night

White vanswear to god must have only been an inch from my back bumper

120mph :blink: what kind of van was it? :blink:

Probably some sort of merc sprinter, driven by a lunatic :arrgg-matey:

Because speed limits outside of built up areas are often stupidly low so people have to drive without regard for human life in built-up areas to make up for lost time. Add to this the various moronic 'traffic calming' devices councils concoct and dump seemingly at random into roads, poorly designed and regulated one-way systems, countless motorway accidents due to ignorant driving, and you have alot of very ****** off drivers.

erm... the legal speed limit is 70mph.. how can you complain about people doing that!??????

Fair enough, people doing 60 in the outside lane... but c'mon!

Bibbs is right.

If somebody is coming up behind you faster than you're going and you can move out the way then you should - It's just common courtesy and only takes a few seconds. You can pull back out again immediately afterwards if you want. They might be breaking the law but unless you're a certified numpty you'll realise that's no justification to hold somebody up simply because they want to make progress.

Let's not pretend that we actually obey the 70mph NSL - Nobody does that because we all know that in this day and age it is simply too low in most conditions.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links