Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Problem After Fitting Blitz?

Oli

I fitted a blitz induction kit yesterday and it all went ok. Sound's loads better and doesn't die b4 6000 rpm anymore. But after a days driving the engine warning light has come on and doesn't look as it's anything to do with the filter? (No loose connections or anything)

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

First of all oli how old is your car.

If it is still in warranty i would fit the old air box back on and take it back to the dealer. That sounds really bad mate.

Let us now how you get on with this mate.

jerry!!!

Sorry i forgot to say.

Yaris TS 2001

I'm guessing with the Yaris you can check the ECU codes similar to the MR2 by shorting 2 pins with a paperclip, if you can, what error code is returned ??

That should at lest tell you where the problem is percieved to be and from there can figure out if it's a self fix or back to the shop job...

Hi,

hope I can help, I know quite a few Scooby drivers and they have had problems similar to this after fitting induction kits.

It is all to do with the MAF Sensor being fragile and easily damaged during the fitting process.

Hope this gives you somewhere to start looking.

Theresa

thanks for all the help.

rhaines can you explain how to get the ECU error code please. I don't know which 2 pin's or where to look when i do short them?

miss t sport, thanks also for your input. I hope that's not it. i did disconnect that and the car was acting crazy, no power and kept stalling. So i think that, that is still working or i would get the same problems as when i disconnect it. MAP sensors ain't cheap from what i remeber either?

ALSO TO MAKE THINGS A BIT STRANGER, THE LIGHT HAS NOW GONE OFF??? I'M WAITING TILL I DRIVE BACK TO WORK NOW TO FIND OUT IF IT WILL STAY OFF (FINGERS CROSSED)

Unfortunately I can't remember what the two pins are labelled as although have a feeling its E1 & T1, if you use a paper clip to short these two pins in the block used to connect the computer rear of engine bay on Mr2 and then turn key to on position the engine light on the dash will flash to give you an error code, e.g. flash, flash, pause, flash for 21. you can then find the code on the web for what it means and this will give you the error.

Will confirm pin labels next time I go for a ciggy (has to be outside) and post answer then. Hopefully give you a start. If the error has cleared from dash it should stil be registered in the ECU until the ECU is reset, so you can still find the error even if it has cleared from the dash.

To reset ECu you just need to pull the ECU fuse for a couple of mo's.... From what I can recall it is better to do this before going on a decent length varied condition drive although this point is up for debate.....

I'm just hoping that it stays away now. Hopefully toyota will enlighten me when i take it down for a few loud rattles to be removed. I asked them about the warrenty and they said engne problems wouldn't be covered with an air filter. I'll swap it back if the problems come back and get them to look at it.

sorry rhains your wrong, the older systems you can do that but with the new systems you need a service tool,

have you fitted the airflow meter on the top and in its original posistion and the cables arnt streched??? they are very sensitive but the yaris will run well with an induction kit....

keep us posted

dan

thanks for the reply dan,

i think i may of stopped the light when i turned the filter round a bit to give the second pipe to the engine a bit more room from the Battery. Maybe the air flow had dropped a bit and caused a small drop in air flow to or from the engine???

i'll keep you informed. By the way a good induction kit is worth it on the Yaris TS. Loads better at high revs!

Glad to here that every thing is running fine again oli. Lets hope that it stays that way. :D

jerry!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links