Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Iq3

Bishop Tricky

We finally took ownership of our new iQ3 at the dealers yesterday.
It was presented to us around at the side of the building in a little space, and parked in front of a door that clearly states " Fire Exit. Keep Clear".
After all of the grief that this dealership has put us through, and having to suffer all of their terrible aftersales excuses, they still treated us as though we had bought an old banger from their jalopy section.

On the upside.... the car is the dogs nuts!
Everything works to perfection, and it's proper nice to drive.

I've already completed the various mandatory tests concerning U-turns (I told my wife that I have to perform this manoeuvre at least 3 times a week, and more if there are people watching), and I'm genuinely impressed.

post-141446-0-73478600-1404672792_thumb.

• Like 2

Does your dealer think because it is a small car it doesn't matter about the actual taking ownership?

It might be a small car in size, but can be as expensive to purchase as a bigger car.

• Like 1

Dealers vary so much when customers collect new cars.

We've had various styles of collection from having the car tucked away at the side of the showroom where they store the new cars, to cars being pride of place at the front of the showroom and a bouquet left in the car. With my last three Toyotas, the salesperson has gone through the operation of all the controls, the stereo, under-bonnet checks, etc.

What some don't seem to appreciate is that making the customer feel a bit special, especially if there has been aspects of the process which haven't gone to plan, is more likely to make that customer return for repeat business.

With a previous Honda purchase, we were introduced to all staff we were likely to have contact with (service, parts, etc) and given a tour of the dealership including the absolutely spotless service area.

• Like 1

To me it shouldn't matter if you have spent £9,000 or £20,000. It is still a new purchase and a special moment for you.

You might be spending £9,000 and been saving for years for it or you might be a banker and spending your £20,000 like you don't care. Which one do you think will think of and cherish the moment the most?

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links