Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Off To Santa Pod This Morning

MSC_Kev

Hi all...

I'm off to santa pod in a bit, going to try and get a decent time on the 1/4mile before I get some tunning done to my corolla. (manifold, dastek and cams to go on)

Anyone else going there today?

Kev :)

Sorry I missed you Knowlson, was a great day though!

I ran a 17.6, and then buggered up my second run and hit the rev limiter in 2nd (whoops) didn't bother going on again as it was so busy and the que for each run was about 45mins :(

Still capable of more and once I get the manifold, dastek and cams done, I should be good for low 16's

Oh I did see and took video of a red toyota corolla, looked like the very new one go up the strip, although I think it ran a 18 second run :unsure:

It was a very good day mate :thumbsup:

My run and my mate peters was all a bit :censor: up we waited next to each other all the way up to the starting point 2 nova's where just about to run the blue one in front of me died so peter had to run on his own and got an 18.2 then I had to run on my own and got a 16 :lol::lol::lol: Kinda stuffed up due to all the crazyness with the nova :D :D I did find looking over too see if he was going to go then look back and see the light turning green was also not a good thing :lol::lol::lol:

Next time :lol::lol::lol:

I did see the Tsport run an 18 :blink: must have been the first time they had run like me and pete :lol::lol:

Only thing I would say is that there where too many drag cars there :ffs: :ffs: I reckon it was due to the FIA drag thing next week :ffs: :ffs:

lol how did we miss each other all day, I was there from 9.30 onwards right up until 5.30 and the only corolla I saw was a red one.

I agree with you on the drag cars, complete waste of time, they have all this build up to the run and they go and do an 11 sec quater, I mean my friend's Pulsar was running 12.2 and that's a road car. Unless they are running crazy times like 5.9 which we saw then I can't see the sense in it.

Usually when I go down a can at least get up to 5 runs in, but this time I just couldn't justify waiting up to an hour for 1 run!

At one point I waited for 1 1/2 hours just to get on track :lol::lol:

we where there about 9.30 till about 1.30 :thumbsup: got a bit bored waiting for the motorbikes and drag cars :ffs: :lol::lol:

Next time there is a rwyb mate we will have to meet up :thumbsup: well next month is the japshow so we will have to have a couple of corolla runs then :thumbsup:

Oh I did see and took video of a red toyota corolla, looked like the very new one go up the strip, although I think it ran a 18 second run :unsure:

That'll probably have been me, then! Took four runs, but generally muffed the

start every time. The car actually did 15.3 on the last run, but my reaction

time hosed up the overall.

I don't really understand the start system at the pod. You get the staging lights

to say that you are on the line, then a set of yellow lights which I took to mean

"Get ready" and then a green light for go. However, everybody seemed to be

taking off on the yellows, and when I did that instead of a false start I got a

0.3sec reaction time.

Great fun, though. Just very slippery in the first 30mph due to that funny rubbery

surface, I think. I'm sure the factory tyres bite much better on normal road

tarmac as I've never had that much wheelspin before. Usually the car grips

on full throttle if you start low enough down the rev range, but on Sunday I

couldn't get any grip at all while with the foot fully down.

Will be better next time, though :P Hopefully make it to the Jap weekend.

Cheers

Paul.

At one point I waited for 1 1/2 hours just to get on track :lol::lol:

we where there about 9.30 till about 1.30 :thumbsup: got a bit bored waiting for the motorbikes and drag cars :ffs: :lol::lol:

Next time there is a rwyb mate we will have to meet up :thumbsup: well next month is the japshow so we will have to have a couple of corolla runs then :thumbsup:

im up for that :) be interesting to see how an ickle silvertop compares.......:)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links