Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Jap Import Cars - No More

Bibbs

If this is the thing about closing the loophole that allows the importing of Jap-nutter cars as being for disabled use...

There's not much short of divine intervention that can be done.

You could write a petition, get a relatively small number of signatures from Japanese car enthusiasts that don't account for a particularly substantial amount of the population, and then send it to VOSA or wherever you like, where it would most likely be shredded.

Well I can't see me staying in this country for much longer if the government carries on like this ..

u havta be kidding me...

some1 who's good at writing letters get summin sorted that we can alll send in, cos this is ridiculous...

-Z

I can't open the link at present, but if it is to do with the 10 year rule, I thought that had been overcome?? The guy who i bought my Hiace off said they will just divert them via another port.

It does smack of restrictive practice though :huh:

The law has been this way for a long time. The only difference is that now they've closed the loophole that was previously being exploited. It's a bit pointless if you ask me, but there's not much you can do - You can't write in saying "we want to drive stupidly fast cars that have been tuned to buggery in Japan" because of the connotations it has.

Or you could say I want a choice about what I drive which is my effin democratic right as a citizen of a so called democracy you incipid little bunch of buttmunches, leaching off society and not actually producing any more than a bigger pile of even more useless paper, on the other hand you could run before the men in white coats turn up :unsure:

The law basically states that if the car isn't stock .. it'll cost you £1000's to get it in this country.

Even though they currently have to go through ESVA and MOT and therefore should be safe on our roads.

(you can make a one off kit car and it goes through just the ESVA, a jap import had to go through so much more)

so is that pre or post 10 year???? or both??? :unsure:

say my Cynos is a 92 import, registered here in 2000 - all ive had to do in the past is an MOT & tax cuz its over 10 years old :wacko:

thing is im getting a new exhaust wednesday thats - how shall we say, non standard.... :lol:

J

If it's older than 10 then it's just MOT and registration (think).

Your's will be OK James cos it 's already here and registered.

Rich

phew....

was gettin worried then - can never understand govenrment regulations....

J

dammit there goes my hopes of importin a tuned up to buggery nsx type r, lol

-Z

dammit there goes my hopes of importin a tuned up to buggery nsx type r, lol

-Z

not really, if the car is stock then it shouldn't be to much of a problemn importing as the cost of the report can be shared as am sure others will be importing them as well...

the problems arise when importing modded cars.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links