Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I'm Not Happy:-( Long Story

Bearcat

All I want is a new Corolla. I did at first want a 2nd hand one until I was talked into placing an order for a new one, but now I wish I hadn't or gone elsewhere for a car.

Anyway, here is what has happened so far.

7 March: went looking for a 2nd hand Toyota. Visited 2 dealerships, both owned by the same company. At the 2nd dealership, was talked into buying a new Corolla from the Colour Collection. Part of the offer was £1,000 towards the finance. Went away to think about the deal.

11 March: went back to the dealership and placed my order. Was then told that I might not get the £1,000 towards the finance as one of the conditions was that the car was to be registered by 31 March and it was unlikely that the would be delivered by then. Anyway, still decided to go a head with the order as the salesman said he would try and secure the £1,000 for me as it was not my fault that the car would not be delivered by 31 March.

Last week of March: phoned dealership up to find out if they had heard any more on the £1,000 and to enquire of the delivery date. I'm then informed that they could no longer supply the car I had ordered as Toyota had reached their quota on that particular model and would not be supplying any more. I was told that they (the dealership) had managed to come up with a new deal for me and asked me to consider it. The new deal was a T3 with most of the extras that the Colour Collect model had, excluding the rear parking sensors and silver trim on the back. There was also the chance of the £1,000 towards the finance as they thought that this offer might be carried over with the next promotion.

1 April: went back to the dealership and placed an order for the T3, with the extras and was told that I would be getting the £1,000 towards the finance. However, delivery was going to be early June. This did not bother me as I could wait because my 10 year old Corolla was still going fine, so there was no rush for the new car.

8 May: phones dealership to see if they have a delivery date for me yet. I'm informed that they don't and that the Corolla was changing and that they did not have an details on it at that time. I was told that they would chase up Toyota GB and would let me know the delivery date as soon as they were informed.

22 May: phones dealership again. Was told that they had been in touch with Toyota GB the previous day, but still did not have a delivery date for me as it was not yet showing on their system. I was told someone would phone me back on Monday morning after they had contacted Toyota GB again.

24 May. Late morning and still no call from the dealership. So I phoned them. After 2 calls I finally get to speak to one of the salesmen there. I'm informed that because the Corolla had changed I was now looking at a delivery date of sometime in July. Then came the bomb Shell, as the specs had gone up on the T3, I would have to pay between £900 and £1,000 extra for the car. However, they could do me a T2 for the same price I had originally been quoted for the T3. Anyway, after the call finished I phoned Customer Relations at Toyota GB, and spoke to a nice sounding lady, who has taken my details and said that she would be contacting the dealership as an "extra £900 to £1,000 on the car appeared to be over the top", these are my words as I can't remember the exact ones she used, but they were on a similar line.

To say i'm unhappy over the whole episode would be putting it mildly, but hopefully the lady from Toyota GB will get back to me in a day or 2, with I hope some good news.

Thats atrocious customer service :angry: The problem with salesmen is all they want is their commision, no thought goes to customer satisfaction :(

And I apologise in advance to any car sales people :P

:censor: could they do any more to :censor: off a new customer ?

dunno what to advise you on this one - sorry.

cancel the order and go to another dealership..... If you have to ring around and see if they deliver to your home if they are too far away.

cancel the order and go to another dealership..... If you have to ring around and see if they deliver to your home if they are too far away.

Here here, if yo have paid any money get it back, and I would write to Toyota UK and tell them how you have been screwed around, I mean if it were Mercedes doing this you would expect it, but from Toyota??

I think there is a very helpful member of this club called Toyota-PR. Have you tried contacting him? He has helped out a few other people here

thats disgusting! you should have walked in and gave them the finger and a big f off for that treatment matey

i wouldnt have stood for that at all

anywayz, good luck on getting it sorted!

defo go to a dealer that cares...

would be worht writing that info to toyota gb head office as they may be able to help and alos copy the letter to thre manager of the dealership....

luckily most of the dealers i've used have been a lot better than that...

another idea, have a look at the dealer review section and try find the dealer close to you, also don't forget to add your comments on your dealer there to.

best of luck matey

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links