Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Driver's Seat Loose

Wargenwolf

Just collected a new Auris Sport on Monday and everything about it is as it should be and I'm really enjoying the car, except for a small amount of movement on the driver's seat.

This movement is only evident when pulling away, when braking and once or twice when cornering and feels like the seat base is loose.

Getting hold of the seat and twisting or rocking it by hand does not replicate the feeling and in fact it feels solid.

I'm on nightshift this week, so my wife ran the car back to my dealer this morning and they couldn't find anything wrong with it on a test drive. I took the car out this afternoon and the seat is still moving.

I'm not the lightest person around, but at 15.5 stone, I would hope that I'm well within the load capacity of the seat.

An online search reveals nothing on the subject since 2010 and I'm wondering if any of you have experienced similar problems before I take it further with my dealer.

Thanks.

My 2007 model was the same. I couldn't get the dealer to acknowledge the fault in 2012 even though i knew it wouldn't be covered under my toyota extended warranty so i couldn't even pay for it to be fixed!

I commented about the seat to toyota uk on twitter - this got the ball rolling and i got the seat base changed at no cost to me even though out of manufacturers warranty by almost two years.

My passenger seat might be on its first step? It keeps making squeeky sounds..

Thanks for your replies and also to set the record straight.... After my wife took the car back to Toyota and they found nothing wrong, I slid the seat back to my position and it continued to move slightly on the way to work that night.

The following morning on the drive home, it did it again and I started wriggling my backside around in the seat to see if I could replicate the movement, but as I did, there was a metallic click from under the seat and it's been rock solid since.

I can only assume that with the newness, one side of the locking mechanism wasn't clicking fully into position, which was leaving the seat free to rotate slightly.

Slightly embarrassing on my behalf, but better than needing a new seat.... Oops !!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links