Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Sport Roof Rail & Cross Bars

Wargenwolf

I had a set of Toyota roof bars supplied and fitted by my dealer to enable me to carry a 17' 6" sea kayak on Thule J Bars, which fix on to the Toyota cross bars.

Due to the length of the kayak, I wasn't too happy with how close together my dealer had fitted the cross bars and I've just been out to move them further apart, to give a more stable base.

When I loosened the feet and slid the bars further apart, I found that there are actually locating pins on the bars, which fit into corresponding recesses on the inside face of the roof rails, meaning that the cross bars can only be fitted in that one fixed position.

I'm not too sure how secure the cross bars will be if I try to tighten them in a position where there are no recesses.

A more flexible system would have been for the inside face of the roof rails to have a series of recesses along their length, to allow end users to be able to fit the cross bars in a choice of positions.

Is there any way around this, or will I have to buy an aftermarket set of cross bars to achieve what I'm after ?

Thanks.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links