Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris 2.2 T180 P0088 Error Code

m700n

Hi all,

This is the first time posting on this forum so bare with me. I have been having quite a few issues with my Auris and could do with some advice. The first thing that happened was when I put my foot down in first and then changed to second the engine management light came on, the traction control light and check vsc. The car then went into limp home mode so I turned the car off and then on again and the power returned but the lights stayed on.

When I got home I checked the car for error codes and the only one that came up was P0088 fuel rail/system too high. I cleared the code off and it only returns if I floor it in first and second.

The other issue that is really annoying is when I try to start it it takes 3 - 4 attempts to start and then when driving it normally, it randomly cuts out on me and then takes a couple of attempts to start it again.

I have read a lot on this forum about the Suction Control Valve failing so think it might be this but just wanted some advice.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Not an uncommon issue that is a result of fuel companies reducing sulphur content is fuel because of EU regulation, sulphur was a lubricant for components in the engine.

There is a bulletin from Toyota regarding the issue:

EG-0044T-0310-EN

Subject:
MIL light illuminated DTC P0088 or P0093.
Models:
AURIS, AVENSIS, COROLLA, COROLLA VERSO, RAV4
Model codes:
ADE150, ADE157, ADT250, ADT251, AUR10, ALA30
DESCRIPTION OF PHENOMENON
Some customers may complain about engine MIL light coming on.
The engine power may be reduced due to fail-safe condition.
Diagnostic Trouble Code P0088 or P0093.
REPAIR PROCEDURE
Reprogram the ECU with at least the minimum available calibration ID mentioned in the table below.
Replace Suction Control Valve.
There is a modified SCV available part number 04226-0L030 whichs need new software uploaded into the car when fitted. There is also a bulletin ref poor starting which uses the same fix as above

Think is why I have always used a lube with my diesel! Especially when using a supermarket one! Either using 2T oil or millers or Archoil with our low sulphur derv...

Do you add additives everytime you fill up?

Always... These ULS fuels are great for the tree's! But lost most of the lube properties. If you use Shell V-POWER derv then you won't need any with this GTL semi synthetic fuel as it has 25% more additives than normal Dino fuels... I just like to use other additive with mine as I bought a load of Archoil AR6200 stuff a while back and need to use it up...

Do you add additives everytime you fill up?

Bang in a tin of BG244 every 10k... will help keep the system in good condition

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links