Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T-sport Headlights...

T V O R

All you T-Sport owners...

Do your headlights have a deflector in front of the headlight bulb?

It looks like a tiny silver umbrella (for want of a better expression) or is the bulb on its lonesome in the headlight housing? :eek:

Do you not have one?

Every Yaris has i think, regardless of the differing models :hokus-pokus: Lets more light come from the headlight, shines off all the metallic/chrome surrounding. If ya have no umberella then itl jus be a sharp beam straight out i would guess :rolleyes:

That thing is for controlling your dipped beam/full beam. When you have dipped beam on, it acts like a cap over the bulb and when you switch to full beam it shifts up and lets more light out.

If you never had it you would blind everyone :ph34r:

Having just looked in the new Yaris brochure, on the T-Sport page, the Yaris in there doesn’t have the deflector/umbrella!

The other models do.

Now I’m confused, or is it a Japanese/European thing?

thats a brochure picture thats why!

they never true and its probably been photoshopped!

Does anyone have the face lifted YTS?

If so, are your headlights like the fog lights i.e. no umbrella over the bulb?

Cheers :thumbsup:

That thing is for controlling your dipped beam/full beam. When you have dipped beam on, it acts like a cap over the bulb and when you switch to full beam it shifts up and lets more light out.

If you never had it you would blind everyone :ph34r:

Huh? the Deflector doesn't move at all....the headlight is a dual filament bulb.

Switch to Full beam...and the other filament starts to get a tad hot till it emits white light.

The Deflector as said reflects the light back to the main reflector, which then relects it forward again. A 55W bulb sat on it's own without a deflector isn't going to produce much of a beam, as it outputs in in all directions, rather then concentrated forward.

Your house lights are more powerfull than a car headlight on normal beam....but it sure won't light up the street ahead of ya without a deflector.

Vipes

Shields at 50% Captain

Thanks for everyone’s replies :thumbsup:

All I need is this answer:

If anyone has the new YTS could you take a look at your headlights and see if you have the deflector in the headlight unit.

Cheers again ;)

If you never had it you would blind everyone  :ph34r:

Huh? the Deflector doesn't move at all....the headlight is a dual filament bulb.

Switch to Full beam...and the other filament starts to get a tad hot till it emits white light.

The Deflector as said reflects the light back to the main reflector, which then relects it forward again. A 55W bulb sat on it's own without a deflector isn't going to produce much of a beam, as it outputs in in all directions, rather then concentrated forward.

Your house lights are more powerfull than a car headlight on normal beam....but it sure won't light up the street ahead of ya without a deflector.

Vipes

Try it - my mine moves anyway :D

It also moves when you rotate the beam level switch (not sure whats its called - the dial right of the steering wheel)

It would'nt produce any more light without the deflector, but you would see the filiment white hot which would be painful on yer eye!

so you saying move the switch and run to the front of the car dead quick?

so you saying move the switch and run to the front of the car dead quick?

Doesn't really deserve a response but get sum1 else 2 do it and u watch the headlight!

Cheers :thumbsup:

I’ve done a little more investigating about my question on the YTS headlight.

Apparently Vauxhall use a different type of bulb which eliminates the need for the umbrella. It may have some sort of gas in it to produce more light, hopefully someone on here will have some more knowledge about this sort of thing.

So sure enough I went looking round the car park and found a 04 plate Vauxhall....................... no deflector!, also found an Audi TT, same again, clear lens, just the bulb and no umbrella.

So it seems the face lifted YTS may have different bulbs than other models................. unless you know different.

:eek:

Try it - my mine moves anyway :D

It also moves when you rotate the beam level switch (not sure whats its called - the dial right of the steering wheel)

It would'nt produce any more light without the deflector, but you would see the filiment white hot which would be painful on yer eye!

Strange.... the beam directional uppy downy switch...makes my main relfector move...not the umbrella thingy. Looking in the engine bay you can see the motor that drives it..

M

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links