Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Shelf

breezer

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• breezer

• Kerby

• jaxx

• john23

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry mate i aint got a clue i just brought my mate along with me when i bought it. he knows all about this stuff. he just recommended wot i should get.

Oh and one more thing. it is that bassey it made a girl !Removed! in my car with the vibrations

one thing you have to remember is that that u will need to change ur front Speakers at some point. im waitin to get some money before i do mine. becos if you crank up the volume too much the Speakers in your dash will start makin a poppin noise

well mine do anyway

Wat cd player u got?

and what Speakers are you gona get? I have the standard ones in atm, but i have sum splx 10cm ones in the rear shelf which i cud put in there, i dun it a month ago, but didnt wana leave holes so i switched back over :D

ive got the sony one with a flippy down front thing. not too sure on the model number as i have had it 3 years now. took it out of my saxo. but i do know it is 4x50w. I was lookin at some custom sony ones in halfrauds u will need 4 inch Speakers to fit in ur dash. I dont have the door ones workin in mine. for some reason when i installed my amp and that they only gave me distorted sound, so i just disconnected them

Hmmmmm strange! Well since my yaris is very standard, i dont have any door Speakers at all!!!! Someone said b4 that doesnt really matter what Speakers i put in anywhere, becoz i hav a standard cd player!! But i think thats bull, coz the same wud apply for my sub, but thats not true becoz sum1 sed that his mate has a standard cd player and it works fine :D

ah yeah i forgot u aint got the t-sport av ya. well just be very careful when turnin up the volume as it might blow them

Lol!! Yup!! Iv had my Speakers as loud as they can go and they handle it pretty good, jus turn the bass up and down whenever i turn volume up loud :thumbsup:

yeah thats wot i do i just turn the bass down when its load. its either that or i transfer most of the sound over to the back Speakers and sub and turn the base up.

cheers

i take it u havent put an aftermarket cd player in yours yet? are u sure u cant do that i could do it off the controls on the dash. just select fader if u have it. on mine it just went between the dash and door Speakers so it was pretty useless.

i recomend u gettin another head unit tho. i have i just need to get the facia and everythin to it doesnt look like i have 2 cd players. altho it doesnt look that bad cos i;ve got the flip down panel so u cant really see it as a cd player. it just looks like a screen

Nope, got the standard toyota cd player plopped in a year after car was bought :thumbsup: I can only switch between left and right!!

ah right well if you gonna put a sub and everythin in you car you are prob better puttin in an aftermarket head unit. you will then have more control over you sound. believe me it is worth it

Its already wired up :D Just need to send amp back and put new one in its place since its still wired up!! ;)

Make the shelf out of ask thick as you want. Ideally 25mm (1 inch) or 18mm (3/4 inch). Doing it with this thickness will give you a solid bass and no need to make braces for the under side.

Don't use 10mm or 12mm, waste of time.

Some of my previous work:

boot-2.jpg

boot-1.jpg

Al.

that looks biazzarly like my old install (only built in a different way!)

i used two 320's two 420's and two of the same power caps!

:D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links