Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anyone Know What The Chinese Are Up To

tezza

<_<

In my work the price of steel is going thru the roof and all I get told its the fault of the Chinese buying all Corus's output.

Presumably this will filter thru to dearer car prices.

What the hell are they doing with it all.

Is it a cunning plan??

Anyone got a clue

Well no doubt if it on the news Tiny Blur will tell us they are building a weapon of mass ***** and we should hide everytime we see a chinese person as they are potential terrorist and are out to maim our poor innocent children and destroy our perfect society :lol:

Edited by Steve

well, it's quite obvious that china are soon to become the next major world super power.... In order to fund their armies, navy etc etc they need raw materials, same as everyone else.

Not just that, steel is used in everything, construction, cars, forces, etc

Also pretty soon you're gonna see a world cup winning China squad, they've got so many people to call up on.

and we should hide everytime we see a chinese person as they are potential terrorist

HEY!! I am chinese! :angry: well, born in the UK and not China :P :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Anyone notice how there arent any old wrecks left at the side of the road recently? thats because your old banger is now worth £30 where as before, you had to pay a scrappy to take it off your hands!

As for China, well i've heard the same thing, apparently the levels of recycled steel is going crazy aswell.

Apparently the country produces 70% of the worlds steel and has outgrown itself which has pushed steel prices up worldwide. China is also the worls biggest importer of steel so you can see how changes in an industry this size can have a global impact.Corus maybe a massive company in UK terms but compared to chinas output we are small fry so it has had a big effect all round the world.

there are many reasons why output is so high at at a consumer level.

These include bike production - both cycle and motorbike frames are a massive market for china

production of consumer durables such as fridges/washing machines etc have taken off. All of this is a result of massive investment from global companies who are seeking cheap labour and china has plenty but is different from all other cheap labour countries as it already has the infrastructure and skills to produce heavy steel products.

Another reason is the olympics, beijing in 2008 has led to massive overseas investment in general

**** i got carried away there, i was having flashbacks to my uni days!

.........now back to cars!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links