Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Yaris

yaris t bone

some people just do my head in they look at my yaris t sport and laugh

just like this guy did in a 2.5 v6 vectra gsi i followed him down a dual

carrige way and he put his foot down so i was behind him so i put my foot

down too and he could not pull away from me i was bumper to bumper with him all the way down there i made him look stupid in the end i had the last laugh have any one else came across people like this :D

:lol::lol: way to go. Bet u felt good seeing him kicking himself up the A$$.

Hang on a minute?? .........sure u kept up with a real 2.6 vectra?? hmmm. hehehe.

it's like that, the YTS is underestimated, which is good so you can see people's expressions after :D

and its best the YTS stays underestimated or you'll be seeing loads on the road!!!! :lol:

Kenny! :thumbsup:

I had a Calibra until I bought my T Sport. The fun factor is far greater in the Yaris!

It's cheaper to run, no dearer to insure and the engine is far more responsive. The wonders of modern technology!

:lol:

After a decent challenge last night, i can confirm my YTS is just as fast as an Astra SRi 2.0 16v. i was in front and he couldnt get near me and he was definately trying as we went well into getting banned territory! :P

i was well pleased and quite su[prised he couldnt pull me in!

2.0 astra , yes i would the TS would keep up with that easily.

But the GSI vectra?

the old 2.6 did 0-60 in 7.5secs and has considerably more torque, but the new GSI , (3.2l) does 0-60 in a let less than that.

perhaps it was a rep wagon badged up to look meaty.

Id agree, most vauxhalls are crap (i worked with them for a year), but some of them are really good. The VX's, the new VX lightening, the TWIXX, all good cars.

Still, toyota, all day, any day :thumbsup:

vauxhalls make me feel ill, just looking at them.

with the exception of the VX, which is really a lotus with another Badge.

Anyway, good show old chap - power to weight ratio of the tsport is quite good, coupled with fairly good handling ... makes it a good little car to throw about.

the vx220 is also in most ppls opinion a better car to drive over the elise! (subtle differences here and there)

but youve got the choice of Lotus or VVV....VVVa....VVVVer

on the bonnet? what ya gonna choose?

I would choose the VX m8, purely cos I think they look better than the elise, and I have not seen one on the roads for about a year!

exclusivity.

Keeping up with a 2.5 Vectra in a YTS is quite possible, especially if its an auto. I raced a Calibra V6 at Ultimate Street Car twice down the 1/4miles strip and couldn't believe it when I crossed the finish line first both times :)

See the action here-

http://www.johnspanton.co.uk/usc2002.html

scroll down to the bottom of the page and select the 'Yaris racing Calibra' video :)

I must admit though, I can't help thinking there was something a bit wrong with the one I raced...

hehehe!

look at it go!

top job fella!

I overtook a BMW the other day...and he was trying to catch up all the way....He went to overtake me on this bit where dual carriageways merge into one lane. he couldnt do it.

You can easily keep up with faster cars such as 1.9 seats etc...all ya have to do it stay in high end revs!

yaris rule!!!

i followed a lotus elige a few roads from where i live several months ago, i didn't know at the time what the hell it was, !Removed! lovely! sounded the dogs danglies too.

Its great just wiping the smurk of peoples faces especially BM 318 owners, even get 1.2 corsas/clios trying to race all the time :blink:

People look at stats and figurs too much, like 0-60 and bhp, should be looking at roll-on times and whole power curves, "yeah great you got 160BHP for 500 rpm :lol: and the other thing many people forget, power-weight ratio :bookworm:

The yaris is a great package and if you gan get some of the bigger cars onto the twisties then you can have a real good hoot :thumbsup:

Niz

TS rocks! Although its sstill not fast enough! My mate has a 1.6 Alfa 147 - 0-60 10ish seconds. I am faster, but I can only slowly creep past at speed - I need to fly past! dammit!

But agreed, the TS is nippy. Faster than a lot of the heavy Golf GTI's too.

Keeping up with a 2.5 Vectra in a YTS is quite possible, especially if its an auto.  I raced a Calibra V6 at Ultimate Street Car twice down the 1/4miles strip and couldn't believe it when I crossed the finish line first both times :)

See the action here-

http://www.johnspanton.co.uk/usc2002.html

scroll down to the bottom of the page and select the 'Yaris racing Calibra' video :)

I must admit though, I can't help thinking there was something a bit wrong with the one I raced...

John23... You have one great web site!

I love it m8 :thumbsup:

Just seen the video! Unreal is your YTS really that quicker than the Vectra?

it was definatley a 2.5 v6 they had an air filter on it you could hear it growling

i think he was a bit gutted that a yaris was stuck to his bumper

and he could not shake me in any way at all i am well pleased

to be a yaris t sport owner :D

I have a new setup, is it me or is there no sound on the vid?

No sound on the vid, i couldn't hear anythin anyway!

Cheers

cool,

the 0-60 of the 2.5 is about 7.9 - 8.

So if it was an autobox, or generally driven poorly, the n the TS should have done him

cool :thumbsup:

There's no sound on that video - was done with my old digi cam which doesn't record sound - sorry :(

I was pretty surprised myself at how well my YTS did against the Calibra :D , especially when we drove back round to queue for another run up the strip and I saw it was a 2.5. I do suspect it was an auto and/or not quite driven to the best of its abilities though!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links