Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Megadrive Or Snes Which Was Better

LORD_ED

which is the best  

68 members have voted

1. 1. which is the best

• MEGADRIVE
    • SNES

so which is it and why?

(when voting though just remember when u loaded up sonic and it sang SEGA for u that has to swing it)

ed

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bibbs

• JappyBeast

• Yarisboy

• Stephen61

Silly question.. the SNES is miles better.... mode 7! plus Mario was way better than sonic.

Sega .. Streets of Rage (1,2&3).

Mario is just a fat Italian pumber .. Sonic is a hedgehog so fast, he turned blue.

"To be this good takes ages" ..

Plus the Advert for the Mega CD with the blike in a gimp mask .. "I thought you said Mega seedy" .. :)

One game did it for me: Super Mario Kart! (especially in 2-up mode)

I forgot to say SNES didn't I :D

Mega - Cos i wasted a good %age of my life playing that Pro whatever golf thingummy game, ahh misspent youth. :rolleyes:

:( How can the megadrive be in front!!!!!!!

The snes looks better

snes.jpg

Nintendo introduced a much better button config on the controler ( which then sony stole and made a bit better :lol::lol: )

snes_euro_pad_small.jpg

We had games like F-Zero, Mario Kart, Donkey Kong Country, super mario world and street fighter.

The mega drive was pants :P :P :P :P

SNES :thumbsup::thumbsup:

But the NES was a wicked bit of kit :thumbsup: anyone play duckhunt with the laser gun??

Yeah it was brillant!

It was P iss easy too!!!

LMFAO

SNES !!!!

The SNES had far superior sound compared with the megadrive. Anyone play streetfighter II on the megadrive ? The speech was very pap !!

Plus SNES... you had Mario, Mario Kart, ZELDA !!! FZero... Starfox.... loads of great "SNES" only games.

pretty much the same reason as jim!

SNES was superior imo. tho megadrive was also fun. :)

tho not sure aabout the looks knowlson, mine looked like this!

snes.jpg

lol

-Z

pretty much the same reason as jim!

SNES was superior imo. tho megadrive was also fun. :)

tho not sure aabout the looks knowlson, mine looked like this!

snes.jpg

lol

-Z

Thats not a uk snes. aren't you in the uk?

just looked at your profile, where did you get that from then?

The megadrive was a real man's console - it looked mean for a start, not like that soft boy's SNES nonsense!

Did you have Desert Strike on the snes? I rest my case.

ZELDA ROOLS - anyone played on the gamecube on? OMG it is so capivating - didnt leave the house for like 3 weeks

zelda was no good until it hit the N64, which was legendary.

all the hard people had megadrives, duncan ferguson, lennox lewis, the list goes on! :P

zelda was no good until it hit the N64, which was legendary.

all the hard people had megadrives, duncan ferguson, lennox lewis, the list goes on!

dude...

Link to the past on the snes was THE greatest zelda ever. beat the orig's and ocarine of time etc on l8r consoles.

oh and i also had a mega drive, think a few of us on here had both, lol

-Z

i'd have to say SNES definitely even though i never had one. use dplay on my mate one all the time though

ed

Got to be the Megadrive.

For a start the Megadrive was more powerful even though it came out first, the CPU was almost double the clock of the SNES if i remember correctly.

The Snes has the Mode7 chip but the Megadrive also got the ability to do scaling and rotation once the DSP & SVP chips was featured in the games.

Most important of all was Sonic who at one point was as popular as Mickey Mouse and Michael Jackson in a poll they did on kids during the 90's.

All the most important games that got released on the SNES also came to the Megadrive and they were better.

Snes got Street Fighter 2 and Street Fighter 2 Turbo.

Megadrive got Street Fighter 2 Special Championship Edition which was better.

Snes version of Aladdin sucked *****, Megadrive version won awards for its fantastic animation.

slightly off topic but Zelda:Links Awakening on the gameboy is the BEST game on any platform ive ever played (including half-life). A Link to the Past was also mangificant on the SNES.

Oh and how could i possibly forget Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana both on SNES.

I suppose it depends on what games you like to play really, Megadrive had a lot of arcadey and fast action games while SNES had more huge deep games with more "involvement"

Obviously SNES, Streetfighter, Mario 1,2,3,4...9! and the original Mortal Combat was awesome..

The SNES was pony ..

The last good Nintendo was the double lcd screen one where you had to catch buckets of water and lob them out the roof to a bloke below (had left and right buttons and took watch batteries).

You needed girl hands for the SNES controller .. It's why I can't play PS2 games the controllers are two small and fiddly .. Give me the 6 button MD pad (which would plug into your PC) or a Dreamscast/Xbox controller.

The games were rubbish .. Zelda? Do I look like a child? Mario - pony game, get back to Donky Kong you fat italian ..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links