Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Coilover Conversion Kits

corollasr

have been looking around for coilovers as i really want to make the rolla handle well, especially with the track day season approaching. the ride height of the rolla at the moment is the big problem. there is space to fit a small babies head between the wheel and the arch so i need to do something about it.

having looked at the actual proper coilovers, which are about £650 i was quite impressed but i have also seen this other system of 'coilover conversion kits'.

i'm not totally sure how they work but they just seem to look like a normal spring but with a platform that can be adjusted for height. they appear to bolt onto the standard shocks aswell, so i'm extremely confused

if anyone could shed any light on this for me that'd be great

ed

i'm not 100% sure i know what u mean, but cos i'm looking for coilovers atm aswell i have coem acroos something similar.

Is it like a clamp type device?

basically it just clamps the springs together and hold em there for height adjustment. dunno what effect this method has on handling but doesnt sound 2 good 2 me...

-Z

yeah. surely it would be putting constant extra pressure on the spring and would knacker it. think i'll just save for the real things

ed

thats what i thought. think it was only meant as a replacement for those that want to cut their springs.

-Z

Im just about to invest in some TEIN coilovers, ive seen them kits too its probably best to stick to tried and tested methods :thumbsup:

tein are like 1000 plus so they're way outta my reach. gonna stick with the £650 kw jobbies

tein are like 1000 plus so they're way outta my reach. gonna stick with the £650 kw jobbies

What coilovers are you looking at?? kw??

yeah. the KW ones seem to be good, plus all the others are a lot more and well oout of my price range

ed

Have you looked into Koni? I have heard they are really good. I dunno what the pricing is like tho :unsure:

2nd hand is the way to go. in decent nick that is!

i keep missing em when they're around, they usually go for about £500ish (well for the '2 they do, doubt rolla would be much more)

-Z

system g - Koni only do damping adjustables which are about 340 quid. i dunno whether i really need the height adjustment as will only really be important if i got big wheels, which i don't intend to do.

zeroblade - i have never ever seen any 2nd hand suspension for sale for the rolla apart from the eibachs that knowlson is selling. dont actually think any rolla in the country have coilovers anyway

ed

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links