Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rant Rant Rant Rant

Moffmo

OMG - this is really doing my head in now....

What has happnend the royal mail service...

i remember when i was a lad and i used to get my mail early in the morning. but i find myself waiting till like 12 o :censor: clock..and then its too late to do whatever i wanted to do with my car!!

Its even worse when ya get one of those slips to say HEY, we are holding a parcel for you... We tryied delivering it at 12.00 and you can pick it up from here, but we close at 12.30 - come and get it today if ya can ahahah

GRRR RANT RANT

ahhhhhh

language! be a little more careful mate!

Edited by jaxx

i got a slip through the door a few weeks ago regarding this.

Apparently Royal mail are merging there early and late run (usually 8-9am and 10-11am respectivly) to cut costs down. This means that the majority of people will have mail delivered slightly later than usual. 12 o clock takes the ***** tho i agree

i got that slip...

we never used to get two deliveries anyway

it used to be about 8.30 in the morning.. Its been about a year or two now tho that the time it comes in has been getting worse!

then 11.00

then 12.00

i got my mail at 4pm yesterday!

had cheques to pay in to the bank that arrived but the bank shuts at 5 and didnt have time!

mu post arrives between 11:30-12 every day. Pants isn't it.

glad to see im not only one...on the good side - i dont seem to get any missing mail like i saw on TV...i think that only applies down south really

same here annoying as hell cos theres other stuff u'd rather be doing. specially when the cheeky bugger's leave a note saying they called at 12 and no one was in, when u'd thought sod it and gone out at 12:30, i.e. u were in when the supposidly called... gggr

-Z

ive had the postie just dump that card through the box without even knockin!

i went outside and shouted him back! he was rather appologetic!

The Royal mail were warned 15 years ago that Electronic Data Transfer would cause them major problems, they refused to listen. In short I think a combination of e-mail and ignorance have killed the post office! But then again, you name me an industry in Britain that isn't in trouble, our greedy poers that be are taxing everybody out of the country etc. Call centres in India are a good example, rant, rant. We went from the best (and original) postal service in the world to something probably comparable with the 2nd world in just a few years :(

I am the Manager of a large Royal Mail Delivery Office.

Where do I start ?

OK- the removal of second deliveries - a nationwide initiative, only 4 % of the daily delivery arrives for the second wave – the perception is that ‘we never get a second delivery’ is wrong – it’s just highly unlikely that you ever had anything to be delivered. We now keep our staff in the sorting office longer sorting the mail and they then do a larger single delivery of the whole days mail. This means they leave later so you get your mail later. If you lived pretty much anywhere else in Europe you would get your mail in the afternoon – Oh and postage rates in the UK are the cheapest IN THE WORLD.

Missing / lost mail – it happens, we handle 60 million letters every day, it’s unavoidable with so many machines, vehicles and people involved. It really is a very small percentage though but of course when it’s your mail it seems much worse.

Not knocking – another myth really – it takes longer to write out the card and put it through your door than to just give you the packet. Also they then have to carry the packet back to the office and log it back in etc. It really is far easier to just knock and hand it over.

BTW – my staff start work at 5am and still work 6 days a week for about £300, most are proud to work for the only company in the UK with the Royal title.

They do a good job – don’t knock it.

We went from the best (and original) postal service in the world to something probably comparable with the 2nd world in just a few years :(

Not true.

Only the Swiss post provides a better quality of service (independantly measured) than the UK and it is heavily subsidised by their Government.

We are also the only postal service in the world with a single uniform tarrif and an obligation to deliver to every address at a single rate.

We went from the best (and original) postal service in the world to something probably comparable with the 2nd world in just a few years :(

Not true.

Only the Swiss post provides a better quality of service (independantly measured) than the UK and it is heavily subsidised by their Government.

We are also the only postal service in the world with a single uniform tarrif and an obligation to deliver to every address at a single rate.

Yeah the swiss do a better service...NOW, thats my point exactly, plus the entire population of Switzerland is about the same as Portsmouth!!!Its not you lot i'm slagging, its phoney blair and the PO people who thought they knew better when e-mail was just a flash in the pan.

I love you guys really :group-cuddles:

Nerve touched thats all :lol:

On a lghter note, my mate Stu is a postie and I borrowed (rightly or wrongly) his bike last summer. Jeeeeeesus I have driven lighter Volvo's, I had to get off and push on the FLATS as well as uphill, no wonder the PO is skint with all that steel they been buying over the years.

I would also like to change sides now and ally myself with SMW - Apart from waiting for cheques that need paying in, does it really matter what time it turns up?

i dont seem to get any missing mail like i saw on TV...i think that only applies down south really

I think you are referring to the Channel 4 programme 'dispatches' which featured secret filming in Paddington Mail Centre, London.

The majority of the problems were related to the use of agency staff but there were some issues for us.

There will shortly be a public announcement in relation to that whole issue but can't say much now.

cool, i can see they work hard, but why didnt they keep the postal service the same?

About the myth of not knocking. It is true as the other day i recieved a CD rom and i was on my way out when i saw postie so he handed me my stuff. It had a slip in it saying we tried to deilver etc. I didnt even see it until postie had gone. if i saw postie he could have given me it. But it was already at sorting office.

I think its becuase they have too much mail as it is so they dontbother any more

time does matter cos its nice to know when packages will be arriving as you can't sit around all day waiting for them!

-Z

Apart from waiting for cheques that need paying in, does it really matter what time it turns up?

Not to me it doesn't.

I'm out by 7am and get home about 5. The post is there when I get back. If it's something I'm waiting for or a parcel requiring a signature I just get it delivered at work.

Where there's a will :thumbsup:

Rich

Royal mail has gone downhill since the new system has been put in place, post arriving at 1pm, parcel's that are saying they have tried to deliver so chuck the slip through the door saying so. I was sat in waiting for it, is the doorbell pressing so hard :ffs:

The wife sent job interview's letter's out in the local area by first class post for a interview in 8 day's time, no one turned up and the reason was nobody got the letter, grrrrr :angry:

Ain't the staff i have a problem with it's the bosses with this new system, it's crap, so sort it out :angry:

harsh words there!

BTW - he does have a point - customers should get the say :D

If royal mail customer's had a choice then that would be good but we don't and it's a monoply so we have to put up with the shoddy service, grrr :ffs:

Bring on the competion if this is the best they can do, i already don't send parcel's by snail mail and hopefully i'll get chance to do that with my normal mail also :yes:

Royal mail has gone downhill since the new system has been put in place, post arriving at 1pm, parcel's that are saying they have tried to deliver so chuck the slip through the door saying so. I was sat in waiting for it, is the doorbell pressing so hard :ffs:

The wife sent job interview's letter's out in the local area by first class post for a interview in 8 day's time, no one turned up and the reason was nobody got the letter, grrrrr :angry:

Ain't the staff i have a problem with it's the bosses with this new system, it's crap, so sort it out :angry:

Ken

Mail arriving at 1pm is not that bad - we aim to deliver the next day not the next morning. Most people get their mail before 1pm. You can have your mail delivered at a specific time of day but there is a charge for this. Many companies take up this option. You can also opt out of a delivery service and collect the mail yourself from your local delivery office (as is standard service in many countries).

I concede about parcels - the service is not great.

Please bear in mind that RM is a commercial business - we don't receive Government subsidies and last year we only made 220 million GBP profit - the ratio of return on the running cost is terrible. We need to make more money and that comes from reducing the (self imposed) early morning delivery regime.

Bring on the competion if this is the best they can do, i already don't send parcel's by snail mail and hopefully i'll get chance to do that with my normal mail also :yes:

Ken

I agree - bring on the competition.

''Hello is that DHL ? Yes I'd like to send a letter from Cornwall to be delivered in the Shetland Islands tommorow, oh and I only want to pay 28 pence''

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links