Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Petrol Prices

Kelvyn

In regard to what that man is paying for petrol and for what hes probably getting paid - its about the same as our ratio

Cheers

Petrol costs what petrol costs. It shouldn't be means tested and taxed to the excessive amount that it is over here.

Rich

i kow but what im saying is - its no more cheaper in austrailia than here..becuase we quite frankly get paid more!

i dunno how much tax is on petrol in australia all i know is that it takes the P*** over here...

Only 7p of a litre is probably profit :blink:

gordon brown? or whatever his name is

No. That was a song by The Stranglers :D

Prescott and (I think) Ken Clarke.

Lardy Bloaters.

Notice the price of Pies hasn't gone up for a few years.

Rich

Petrol "costs" about 15p a litre to get it to your car .. and thats including shipping, refining, staff costs .. the rest is tax ..

You really think the government could live without all that tax we pay on petrol?

I used to use Optimax, but at 87-90p a litre its just not worth it.

ridulous!

AND the government were short of cash so they are thinking about increasing national debt.....they blown it all on guns and stuff grrrr

Also I read in the paper that Iraq only pay 1cent a litre! Now surely we could buy it off em, ship it here, and still pay like tenth of what we pay now.

with the governments thinking... they would probably take petrol from iraq and sell it for same price..

EDIT - Moffmo beat me to it......

Note to self.......type faster !

Also I read in the paper that Iraq only pay 1cent a litre! Now surely we could buy it off em, ship it here, and still pay like tenth of what we pay now.

Nah. That wouldn't work.

The price would still be the same at the pumps here..The taxation would be increased to compensate. :(

Rich

Well I'm well sick of this the BP station at the top of my road has put its price of 95ron up to 83.9p a litre.. I think that is disgusting.

Its way higher now than when we had that petrol crisis. Why the hell are people paying this?

Im gonna pee in the tank to make it last longer

Why the hell are people paying this?

Yeah .. why the hell are YOU !!

Shell all the way - quality fuel. I only get 95RON tho - will have to try the proper stuff at some point!

There is a question for you,

The standard fuel, and the higher Octane, I got a 98 avensis 1.8gs, can I use the more expensive stuff or do I need some sort of adjustment to the car???

I used to Ice Sakte at a reasonably high level, when I cam e back over here I wanted to take it up again, I got a quote for the saktes and blades I used to use abroad both of which are made over here....

UK Quote = @ £900

Same skates and blades shipped over night from Hong Kong = £475

Remembering the skates and blades were both made in the UK how come it was nearly 50% cheaper to have them importde from half way accross the worl when they were made in thgis country in the first place ??????

Friend of mine travels reguarly to Japan in his Koi Business, last time he was over there, he was commenting that a Nissan Skyline here at £50,000 costs just £18,000 over there, taxes kill everything

:eek: a nissian skyline for 18,000 ??

Group Buy anyone? - not a nissan but a nice toyota supra which we can get cheap from Japan! lol

Boro Sera - You are too slow!

Government need the tax from petrol to sustain the country

£40 billion per year last time I checked - this is what the government recieves from the motorist for fuel alone.

£ Four Zero, Billion.

You can't blame labour either, the Tories wouldn't change anything.

When the price of oil rises, there's not alot we can do about it - it's partly due to the war and uncertainty of alot of things...

but that's just the way it is - you can be sure of a petrol strike again however if it continues to rise, people won't keep paying ridiculous prices forever.

I pay 88.3p at the moment at my local garage :lol::lol: They are taking the :censor: but I cannot do anything about is as the next optimax garage is 15 miles away :lol::lol: I am not using the cheap tesco :censor:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links