Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Airbag Light

smudge-1991

Airbag light has come on but one says there is an issue but doesn't say what the fault is I have checked the connections and the fuses and all are fine anyone any ideas

I had the same issue with my previous car. A Honda Accord. But it wasn't the air bag, it was actually the seat belt tensioning system... Apparrantly it uses the same dash light..

Ye I looked it up in the Manual but still cannot find a fault the obd says it's there but won't say what and the dash is saying check airbag

No I meant it was the seat belt that needed adjusting by Honda.... I had no fuses blown just the dash air bag light on. it needed Honda to tighten the seat belt restraint system...

Well I thought this got them trim off checked all that still nothing but did you have the light on and also the actual screen saying check airbag

Sorry, I can't remember if I had the actual words 'Check Airbag', on the accord. But the dashboard warning light was definitely an airbag issue, according to the manual. So I just took it to the dealer.... But this was with Honda. Probably different with Toyota, but just a FYI.

No I appreciate it the only reason I'm more about the airbag is because of the screen saying check airbag

Yes I understand. But since there is no actually 'seat belt restraint system' light on the dash, I'm guessing they tie it all together under one warning bulb. And use Check Air Bag as it is the most commonly used phrase in cars.

All said and done, I'm probably going down the wrong path... Lol.

Apparently the manual says screen will display check srs or check airbag

Yep, I'm talking b#@l@cks...lol..Forget everything I just said....

That's what I mean do I take advice from here or think that Toyota knows best

Disconnected the Battery wiggled every switch and connection I could find on the airbag and srs system pushed them all into place connected the Battery turned on the car then the light came on warning beep came on then went out so fingers crossed it stays out

Hehe, the best fix out there.... Free wiggle fix...

Fingers crossed for ya.....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links