Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

17" Rims

pinkpanther

i got sum 17" ACE 112's put em on my yaris cc with 45mm lowering springs - they look sweet and drive sweet untill the road gets bumpy!

the roads round ere arnt great and i found i was scrapin on the front ALOT!

i dont know what to do....

they look so good but a car is no good if you have to break down to 4mph for every speed bump!

what can i do???? :help:

also is the offset of the wheels correct?

if its wrong it could make the wheels sit out too far and catch on the arch-lip.

Nizan

the offset is 35 but i woz told 35 - 38 fits yaris'

i guess not tho coz it is the arch lip that rubs..... does that mean i have to get rid of??

nooo dont get rid of,you got the offset right :thumbsup:

Jaxx might be the person to speak too he has 17's on his yaris

might just be a case of getting your arches rolled

Niz

45mm will definately need the arches rolled front and back

mines dropped 60mm and ive had to do extensive work all round to get it right

i asked about havin the arches rolled but the guy in r-tec says there is no point, the wheels stick out too far and rub on the outer edge of the arch!!!

i really wanna keep em but dont know if i can afford to have the arches extended.... im only a student..... is there another way? can i get 30% profile on 205 17's?

and if i do have to mod the arches how much am i lookin at??

they shoudnt stick out that far! mine are 38mm and they fit fine...but mines standard T sport ride height at the moment so i'm only going to put -35mm springs on

feeling the bumps depends on

1. the profile of the tyre the lower it is the more harsh the ride

2. how stiff your suspension is

3. if your wheels are actuall fouling on body work :eek:

so you could fit 17's with quite a big drop and still maintain a similar ride to the standard set up.

Niz

205 40 17's are only 6mm bigger than the 185 55 15's standard on a T sport so in reality it should only be raised 3mm!

mine looks like its gone up higher but thats probably cus my old tyres were bald and my 17's are new! :D

dont bother at all mate cus the shortest drop springs you can buy are 35mm. you cant get anything that lowers by 20mm or 30mm at all, i've checked all the manufacturers!

35's the least!

unless you get coilovers, then you can set it all up how you please but that depends on how much you want to spend.

Say, if I get a TRD Suspension Kit for the Yaris, which lowers the ride about 35 mm, and I get 17" wheels with 205 40 tires, that will be ok? I mean, no trouble with the tires rolling on the chassis?

35mm will cause quite hectic arch scrubbage unless you sort the arches out

ive dropped mine 60mm and ive done extensive mods to it

Cant wait to get my springs on then! :crybaby:

i've just had a thought, i know a lad who had some Ace wheels and they were 7.5 by 17. Is this the problem do you think?

Most 17's are only 7 inch wide!?

it would be on the yaris as its the width more than the diameter that causes the problems

theres loads of room up in them arches, its just the fact of the lip thats about 1'' long poking out the edge of the arch that the tyres clout when you hit something hard

I started the anlge grinder up this morning but bottled it as i was on my own!

I might get a bit more confident if theres somewhere here to help me if i chop my arm off!

ok so say i get the 35mm springs.... get the arches all rolled and stuff.... how would the ride be then? :bookworm:

ride will still be ok, shouldnt loose any quality

the offset is 35 but i woz told 35 - 38 fits yaris'

i guess not tho coz it is the arch lip that rubs..... does that mean i have to get rid of??

what sort of wheel you running on the rims if there fed<s there no good , i had same prob you need the rim to sit out side the wheels not inside like the feds----- well that mide point ( hope it helps :hokus-pokus:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links